- Provide support to Drivers to help allow them to deliver product safely, accurately and efficiently
- Provide support to all of the Transportation operation;
- Perform driver check in and route audit responsibilities.
- Maintain a proactive approach to improve communication with Drivers and serve as a Driver coach;
- Manage Driver activities ensuring compliance with work rules, attendance, hours of service and operational procedures of the department;
- Time management and organization around daily activities;
- Maintain positive communication and customer service relations with all departments and customers;
- Coordinate delivery of product to customers in a consistently timely fashion by arranging delivery schedules (routing);
- Review scheduling and plan work flow of Drivers to meet the daily route needs while ensuring efficiency and superior customer service;
- Contact customers as necessary to advise of delivery issues;
- Review Route Summary sheets daily to ensure compliance and quality goals are being met by Drivers;
- Record all pertinent KPI information to a daily operations report and communicate daily activity summaries;
- Train Drivers in DOT rules and regulations, safety, PTDC and QA compliance requirements.
- At least 3 years demonstrated leadership/supervisory experience, preferably in a transportation environment;
- Excellent leadership, strong communication and multi-tasking skills;
- Demonstrated initiative and problem solving skills;
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to work weekends and/or nights;
- Bachelor degree strongly preferred
McLane - 12 months ago
copy to clipboard
You might say this company makes it convenient for stores and restaurants to get food. McLane Company is one of the largest wholesale...