The scope of this positions will encompass the planning and execution of all shipments to and from all facilities. The position will be within the North America Supply Chain organization for a growing global agricultural equipment manufacturing company.
The individual will coordinate and support North America transportation activities to achieve cost and service effective results. Assingments will require a close and effective working relationship with a broad range of people such as distribution operations, customer service, sales, IT, vendors and consultants.
- Develop and coordinate the tactical transportation plans for multiple manufacturing facilities.
- Execute inbound, interplant, and outbound transportation plans, tender freight to carriers and manage transportation events to ensure manufacturing and customer satisfaction.
- Enhance carrier utilization while maintaining company requirements for service and on time deliveries.
- Interface with material resource planners / inbound logistics specialists, manufacturing personnel, customer service representatives and common carrier, and dedicated fleet dispatchers.
- Understand freight bill payments and assist Accounts Payable in resolution and corrective action.
- Proactively develop, recommend and implement cost savings and/or service improvements in support of the transportation strategy developed by the North American Logistics department.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Transportation, Operations Management or related field or equivalent experience with a minimum of 2 years experience within the following activities: Experience with transportation planning software, load optimization tools, traffic exchange and/or boards, as well as knowledge of other decision support techniques is a plus.
Candidate must possess knowledge of transportation industry standards and operational techniques for dispatching and shipment execution.
Must have knowledge of tools and processes and market place requirements and demonstrate excellent problem recognition and solving skills.
SKILLS and ABILITIES:
3PL or transportation brokerage experience is desirable.
Proficiency with PC (Microsoft Office Suite) and web based software.
Analyzing economics of various options based on numerical data and contractual requirements.
Work independently and manage multiple tasks.
Exhibit excellent communication skills with suppliers and with cross functional teams.
Quantitative skills, ability to analyze data, prioritize and plan daily activities.
Ability to solve problems and make decisions in a timely manner.
Ability to work well under pressure and provide follow-up with strong attention to detail.
Available to work with flexible hours and duties.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
AGCO - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
AGCO is a global leader focused on the design, manufacture and distribution of agricultural machinery. AGCO supports more productive farming...