Sabra, Wang & Associates, Inc. has an opening for a Transportation Planner in our Columbia, MD and Falls Church, VA Offices.
Duties of the position:
Knowledge, Skills & Minimum Requirements:
- Conduct transportation planning, traffic forecasting, master planning, and alternative analysis
- Conduct concept development and access management studies
- Conduct traffic/development impact studies
- Prepare final technical reports
- Conduct traffic operation studies including signal warrants, accident analysis, traffic calming, work zone impact analysis, and traffic signal timing optimization
- Perform traffic modeling and simulation tasks, using analysis models such as Synchro, CORSIM, VISSIM, HCS, SIDRA, and other programs
- Assist in preparing design plans for traffic control devices, including traffic signal, signing and marking, and work zone traffic control
- Assist in traffic data collection efforts for your projects, including queues, speeds, delays, travel time, etc.
- Assist in CADD design of your projects
- Assist in representing the company at technical meetings and public meeting
Please send or email your resume along with a cover letter identifying the position for which you are interested to:
- Bachelors of Science from an ABET – Accredited University in Civil Engineering or Urban Planning
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Synchro, HCS, and VISSIM
- Working knowledge of the MUTCD and highway capacity manual
- 3-10 years of progressive traffic engineering analysis and design experience
- Experience in preliminary engineering design
- EIT required, P.E. is desirable
- Valid driver's license
- U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents only
Sabra, Wang & Associates, Inc.
Attention: Kariann Kuchak
1504 Joh Avenue, Suite 160
Baltimore, Maryland 21227
All information received from applicants will remain confidential.
Sabra, Wang & Associates, Inc. - 2 years ago
Sabra, Wang & Associates, Inc. (SWA) is a multi-disciplinary engineering firm headquartered in Columbia, MD with offices in Maryland,...