This career opportunity seeks an individual pursuing a progressively responsible level of experience in performing and managing the technical planning and operational analyses of a variety of transit system and transportation corridor studies. This position provides the individual the opportunity to expand their established relationships with local and state transportation clients and to grow with Stanley Consultants’ expanding transportation planning practice.
Essential Duties include:
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with members of the public, and knowledge of local and regional transportation planning, review and approval processes.
- Demonstrated technical skills in PD&E / NEPA studies for highway and transit corridors, Performing highway operational analysis using programs such as CORSIM, SYNCHRO, VISSIM
- Evaluating transit planning issues,
- Performing technical analysis,
- Developing and evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations,
- Preparing written reports and oral presentations for highway and transit clients.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Planning or Engineering
- Possess 9 to 14 years of relevant work experience
- Current AICP certification or PE licensure
- Working knowledge required in federal and state planning processes such as: FDOT PD&E Studies,
- National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA),
- Federal Transit Administration (FTA) and
- Federal Rail Administration (FRA) process,
- Long Range Transportation Plans, (LRTP); and
- Transit Development Plans (TDP).
- Basic understanding of travel demand forecasting, operations and maintenance cost modeling is desired.
Stanley Consultants, Inc. - 22 months ago