The Procurement Analyst supports cross-functional sourcing teams and is responsible for providing analytical support for process improvement and transportation related initiatives. He/She conducts data collection, analysis/reporting, supplier qualification and measurement efforts for trucking services. The Procurement Analyst prepares forecasts and analyzes economic trends. This position provides user support and maintenance to numerous databases used within Carrier Relations. He/She provides vendor performance information as requested by various business units and for strategic sourcing initiatives. This position may develop and maintain relationships with internal UPS customers and vendors. He/She handles non-complex support and follow-up on purchased transportation including renewals. He/She is a contributing member of a contract administration team focused on learning the Procurement process.
He/She performs economic research and prepares analyses (e.g., negotiable spend, supplier financial analysis, Total Cost of Ownership, financial models, etc.) to identify qualified suppliers and evaluate supplier reliability. The Procurement Analyst supports Trucking Procurement Managers in assisting with requests for information (RFIs), request for proposals (RFPs), financial and performance clauses, metrics, terms, and rebates/penalties to ensure the best bid among various vendors. This position assists in the development of economic policies to improve the strategic sourcing process.
- Contributes to the development of trucking services justification documentation and trucking services implementation plans to ensure continuous improvement of processes
- Develops complex spreadsheets, documents, reports, and presentations utilizing ORACLE database, MS Office Suite, spreadsheet, PSDM, SQL and e-procurement tools
- Acts as a point of contact, under supervision, with vendors and manages vendor performance to ensure compliance with contracts
- Actively monitors and benchmarks the marketplace to ensure that suppliers are providing world class services and remain price competitive
- Creates and designs websites, forms and system generated workflows to enhance processes
- Uses the research problem to guide relevant data gathering and benchmarking; develops a working knowledge of literature related to the research problem; minimizes personal biases that may impact the research process or outcomes; gathers data that represent all sides of the business case
- Demonstrates an understanding of negotiation techniques; identifies stakeholders/participants that should be involved in negotiations; demonstrates an understanding of each party’s objectives
- Demonstrates an understanding of basic project planning processes, including planning action items and resources
- Generates reports in appropriate format using basic software; reviews reports to ensure accuracy and completeness; identifies some problems with report generation (e.g., missing variables, incorrect data, etc.)
- Recognizes the basic impact of technology on UPS business, services, and processes; identifies technological barriers in achieving desired objectives; maintains appropriate breadth and depth of technological knowledge for current work assig nment
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Experience using Microsoft Office or equivalent software
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Currently located in the same geographic location as the job or willing to relocate yourself
UPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
UPS - 8 months ago
As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business work better,...