Jones & Carter, Inc is a full-service engineering, planning, surveying, and consulting firm. We assist our clients in analysis, development, implementation and execution of both short-range and long-range projects. Whether you're charting a new course in community development, resolving an existing engineering problem, or opening the door to new opportunities and ideas, Jones & Carter, Inc. is your Smart Solution.
Our capabilities include everything from design, project research and consultation to turnkey construction management of multimillion-dollar ventures.
For more than 30 years we have built a foundation for success and a reputation for smart solutions.
We are in business to help our clients be successful.
Transportation Project Engineer
PURPOSE OF POSITON: Responsible for the engineering and project management of transportation and roadway projects to include all of the preliminary, final design and construction phases.
- Provide transportation engineering, analysis, and services to projects that include the design of highways, streets, roads, freeways, utility facilities, and other projects related to transportation.
- Projects will include the design of urban and rural roadways, interchanges, municipal utilities, and other projects related to transportation.
- Lead the design and delivery of transportation projects to include the scoping of projects, schedules, budget and quality deliverables.
- Provide solutions for complex engineering problems in a feasible manner and ensure compliance to standards, regulations, and codes.
- Conduct functional planning design studies for roadways.
- Prepare technical reports and contract documents.
- Prepare proposals and liaise with clients.
- Provide support and develop/mentor junior engineers and technical staff.
- The ideal candidate will assist senior management as needed to develop business relationships with existing and new clients for the firm with an emphasis on cultivating, managing and maintaining superior client relationships.
- Attend client meetings, prepare and present designs.
- Responsible for assisting in marketing and client development, billing/collections and the successful management of assigned projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors of Science with an emphasis in Civil or Transportation Engineering.
- Qualified candidates should have 7-10 years of civil engineering experience, with experience managing transportation/roadway projects including federally-funded projects.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD is a must; Microstation is a plus.
- Client development/sales experience in the Houston marketplace highly preferred.
- Must be professionally registered (P.E.) in Texas, have TxDOT experience and be able to provide a list of pre-certifications available.
- The self-motivated transportation project engineer must be able to manage multiple projects as well as coordinate work with the clients and sub providers.
- Successful candidates will apply good organizational skills and take charge of overall coordination of preparing and reviewing contracts.
SPECIAL JOB CHARACTERISTICS:
We offer a stimulating opportunity to expand your horizons in a full-time, direct hire position that includes excellent benefits, such as employer paid health, life and AD&D insurance. We also offer a Cafeteria Plan, dental and short term plans, PTO, paid holidays and a 401(k) profit sharing plan.
- This position demands an individual with a strong detail-oriented work style, excellent oral and written communication skills, and an accommodating and proactive attitude
- Must be capable of independent and team work environments.
- Candidate must be flexible to working overtime as required with little or no notice.
- Proficiency with Outlook and MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is necessary.
J&C appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.