*** Contingent on Contract Award ***
Position: Transportation Security Officer
Location: Sanford, Florida
Raytheon Company is recruiting candidates for the Transportation Security Administration's (TSA) Screening Partnership Program (SPP) contract at Sanford International Airport. SPP offers a public-private partnership that combines private sector hiring of airport security screeners with Government oversight of performance. Raytheon will be competing to take over the contract.
In compliance with TSA's standard operating procedures (SOP), Transportation Security Officers (TSO) provide security and protection of air travelers, airports, and aircraft in a courteous and professional manner. This includes:
Work schedules will be determined by the airport operational needs. Work schedules allow for both full-time and part-time positions. Whether you work full-time or part-time, you may be asked to work changing shifts, nights, weekends, holidays, and extended shifts.
- Operating screening equipment to identify dangerous objects in baggage, cargo and on passengers, and preventing those objects from being transported onto aircraft;
- Performing searches, including bag checks and pat-downs;
- Controlling terminal entry and exit points;
- Interacting with the public, giving directions, and responding to inquiries;
- Maintaining focus and awareness while working in a stressful environment, which includes noise from alarms, machinery and people, crowd distractions, time pressure, and disruptive passengers, in order to preserve the ability to identify life threatening devices and to make effective decisions in both routine and crisis situations.
Required Qualifications / Job Requirements
Raytheon - 11 months ago
Raytheon ("light of the gods") took a shine to its place in the upper pantheon of US military contractors; the company regularly...