Share our pride. Join our mission.
As a Fortune 200 financial services company with more than $113.5 billion in owned and managed assets, USAA is on a mission - to facilitate the financial security of our members, the men and women of the U.S. military and their families worldwide. Headquartered on a showcase campus in San Antonio, TX, USAA attributes its long-standing success to its most valuable resource, our 23,000 employees. They are the heart and soul of our member-service culture.
Recently Ranked 100 Best Companies to Work For by Fortune in 2012 , we are proud to receive consistently outstanding awards and ratings for member service, employee well-being and financial strength. Everything that happens at USAA is based on our core values: Service, Loyalty, Honesty, and Integrity . These are the foundations of how we do business with our members, as well as how we treat each other.
We are currently seeking talented Transportation Services Executive for our San Antonio, TX facility.
PURPOSE OF JOB
The Transportation Services Executive directs all aspects of company air, ground transportation and travel services to ensure safe effective and efficient operations. Areas of responsibility include: flight operations, aircraft maintenance, trip coordination, flight services support, fleet/vanpool administration, vehicle acquisition and maintenance, and commercial travel services. This executive develops, improves, and implements Transportation Services strategic planning, improvement initiatives, goals, and objectives. The Transportation Services Executive ensures that policies and procedures governing the use and operation of USAA aircraft, motor vehicles, and support activities are established and enforced. This executive builds and sustains a best-in-class team of pilot, maintenance, and support personnel dedicated to exceeding customer expectations.
- Develop and implement Transportation Services strategies to ensure safe, effective and efficient services in support of enterprise travel and transportation needs including, but not limited to; operation of a commercial travel department fully licensed by the Airline Reporting Corporation to issue airline tickets and related hotel and rental car reservations, acquisition, management, maintenance and disposal of more than $27M in fleet vehicles supporting P&C claims activities and enterprise utility vehicle needs, acquisition, management, operation, maintenance and disposal of enterprise aircraft assets in excess of $50M.
- Plan, organize, monitor and supervise assigned resources so as to achieve superior results that focus on the needs of members and internal customers. Plan, advocate for and execute budget resources exceeding $9.0M and assets exceeding $75M.
- Independently develop and drive innovative business and process improvement initiatives in order to improve the customer experience, enterprise, and departmental performance against all Service Level Objectives and Employee Support Services metric goals. Identify, evaluate, develop and execute Transportation Services' guidelines, procedures and processes based on knowledge of business requirements, financial principles, Federal Aviation Regulations, industry best practices, the competition, and USAA strategic and operational goals.
- Collaborate with key customers from Companies and Staff Agencies to understand their needs and opportunities; serve as a catalyst for change, employing a body of change management knowledge, tools and the resources assigned to deliver world-class transportation support.
- 5+ years work experience managing people.
- 5+ years of operational experience managing flight operations or related fields.
- 3+ years work experience managing a budget.
- Bachelor's degree.
In addition to the requirements mentioned above, candidates are also evaluated against job related competencies that are aligned with performance expectations for this role. These competencies are referred to as USAA Leadership Imperatives and are contained in the attached addendum.
- More than 3,000 flight hours of military, commercial, or corporate pilot experience.
- Commercial, Multi-engine, Instrument pilot's license.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an FAA Class I medical certificate.
- Military flying squadron Director of Operations or Commander experience.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including business casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Percentage of Travel:
USAA - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard
FOR OUR VETERANS:
Did you know USAA has numerous career opportunities that don’t require corporate experience? If you’re...