A member of the Project and Emergency Response Teams. Ensures transportation solutions exceed expectations to new and existing customer while ensuring financial goals are achieved.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Identify, solicit and execute business opportunities with new and existing Customers.
- Develop solid relationships by proactively delivering outstanding service and communication.
- Negotiate rates with carriers to achieve optimal margin levels.
- Communicate effectively on a daily basis with Project teams, Customers, co-workers, managements, etc.
- Work with Load Planners to uncover additional freight opportunities including load board business.
- Keep in close contact with carriers in an effort to maintain and grow relationships
- Continually assess lanes to determine which lanes are good for specific carriers to optimize our margins and keep service levels high.
- Coordinate with functional support areas to ensure proper execution of Projects.
- Assist with, coordinating and/or attend regular business reviews with Projects customers
- Work with daily reports to track Project status
- Ensure customer metrics and needs are met by constantly reviewing reports to ensure we are on time and updating timely and accurately.
- Identify, develop and implement best practices for projects to ensure customer’s needs are satisfied
- Complete required operational and administrative load management requirements, examples: order management, pickup/delivery management, track and trace, problem resolution and “system housekeeping”
- Coordinate with other locations in the Network to manage loads and utilize capacity to expectations
- Participate in on-call, after hours, and weekend duty as determined based on customer needs
- Other duties as assigned
- At least four years transportation experience
- Project Management experience preferred
- Thorough understanding of all modes of transportation
- Strong organization skills
- Good communication, negotiation, and follow up
- Knowledge of AS400 systems, Microsoft Excel, and Word
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with time sensitive deadlines
- Good Problem solving skills
- Some weekend and after hours work may be required based on customer needs
- Ability to travel based on customer/company needs
Hub Group provides the opportunity to participate in a variety of outstanding benefits. In addition to a business casual office atmosphere, the company offers the following benefit programs:
- 3 medical plans
- dental plan
- 401(k) plan
- long term disability insurance
- life/AD&D insurance
- vision insurance
- additional individual voluntary insurance plan
- flexible spending accounts
- scholarship award
- paid sick time/short term disability programs
- vacation pay
- holiday pay
Hub Group, Inc - 17 months ago
Hub Group helps its clients by handling the hubbub of freight movement throughout North America. An intermodal marketing company, Hub Group...