Reports to: TRANSPORTATION MANAGER
1) Drive truck to and from specified destinations applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and area roads;
2) Maintain truck log according to state and federal regulations and other paperwork as needed;
3) Maintain telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions;
4) Load and unload truck when necessary;
5) Inspect truck equipment and supplies, such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil and water;
6) Perform emergency roadside repairs, such as changing tires, installing light bulbs, tire chains and spark plugs;
7) Assist in keeping warehouse areas neat and clean at all times.
1) Assist freezer/dock personnel as needed.
2) Ensure area is free from garbage, damage, and has a well kept appearance.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, CHARACTERISTICS
1) Must possess a Commercial Drivers License and be at least 21 years of age;
2) Must be able to lift 50 to 75 pounds on a frequent basis and be able to occasionally transport 25 to 50 pounds while climbing or descending a stair stepladder.
3) Ability to speak, read, and comprehends the English language fluently
4) Must be a team player with production, warehouse and office personnel.
5) Experience preferred for all types of forklifts.
6) Must possess good customer relation and math skills.
This task analysis does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment nor is it all-inclusive.
Employee may also perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or other management as required.