Requirements - Corp/Field Mgmt
This position directs bidding, negotiation, and contracting functions related to domestic transportation in support of jcp’s financial and service goals; develops positive business relationships with domestic carriers to assure timely and cost efficient transportation; supports transportation optimization efforts through timely and efficient system updates; manages relationships with domestic LTL carriers and air freight forwarders to support supplier and company supply chain operational needs.
scope, timelines and goals
- Manages carrier relationships
- Solicits, evaluates, and analyzes contractual bids
- Negotiates and administers rate and service carrier agreements
- Budgets and controls expenses
- Determines economical traffic patterns and specifies routes
- Creates and leads projects; responsible for establishing business objectives,
goals across modes.
- Develops and implements initiatives that support JCP's financial
- Contributes to the development of the annual operating plan for
- Applies lean principles to the flow of materials through the transportation
going management of transportation providers.
- Provides leadership for the identification, selection, and on-
- Develops and drive programs to improve service levels across the carrier
- Supports transportation optimization processes through basic parameter maintenance, data mining, and testing hypothetical setups.
including at least three (3) years experience in transportation
- Minimum (5) five years experience in supply chain and/or operations,
operations research, or other related discipline.
- Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in logistics, supply chain,
- Experience managing at least $20 million in annual freight spend across
Working knowledge of carrier operations, shipment routing, and distribution methods; ability to formulate and implement contracts; expected to understand costing and performance measurement; ability to work under pressure; strong management and computer skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement strategies to reduce
- costs and improve service.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical, and negotiating skills.
- Knowledge of i2/JDA Transportation Optimization software preferred.
J. C. Penney - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard -