About North Colorado Medical Center
A 378-bed Level II trauma center and acute care facility with approximately 3100 employees, North Colorado Medical Center is the largest hospital in the region. As a regional medical center, we provide community-based and specialty services for a service area that includes southern Wyoming, western Nebraska, western Kansas and northeastern Colorado. In order to provide the most compassionate and innovative care possible, we bring together state-of-the-art technology and an exceptional team of health care professionals. Our Intensive Care Unit has received national recognition and we have been designated a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence. For the healthcare professional, our Greeley, Colorado location offers access to a wide variety of recreational activities in an inviting, close-knit community.
About Banner Health
Banner Health is a comprehensive, award-winning health system that includes 23 hospitals in seven western states (twelve in Arizona), primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. We offer a choice of nursing career paths where you can leverage your abilities to make a real difference for your patients – and real change in the health care industry!
This position transports patients and distributes requested items as needed throughout the facility in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols.
- Transports patients safely and efficiently between various departments following appropriate transfer techniques and proper isolation/infection control procedures. Validates patients’ identity based on established department protocol. Remains alert to patient condition and promptly communicates changes to clinical staff.
- Assists with patient handling and lifting using appropriate patient safety equipment and appropriate safety procedures.
- Provides distribution services of requested items between various departments as needed in accordance with established procedures that may include medications.
- Responds to all job calls in a timely manner. May utilize computer system to track and update requests. Communicates status updates and location information as required in accordance with department protocols to help facilitate work flow.
- Collects, cleans and disinfects patient care equipment and all other reusable items.
- May perform supply restocking or assume clerical duties of assigned area as necessary.
- May be required to operate golf cart to provide distribution services.
- May be required to transport deceased persons to the facility morgue.
This position requires knowledge normally associated with completion of High School Diploma or equivalent. BLS certification required. Requires interpersonal skills to operate in a direct patient contact environment. Ability to interpret verbal and written information/instructions and effectively communicate with others. Must demonstrate basic knowledge of computer skills, organizational skills, problem solving skills, and ability to function with minimal direction in a fast paced environment. If required by facility, may be required to possess a valid driver’s license and be eligible for coverage under the company’s auto insurance policy.
Six months previous healthcare or customer service experience preferred. Knowledge of medical terminology. Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Banner Health - 7 months ago
Fort Collins, CO
- 30+ days ago
If you thrive on change and you’re looking to be part of the future of health care, you belong at Banner Health.