Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: Driver with excellent driving record for the past 5 years
Summary: Provides oversight to transportation to provide safe transportation for unaccompanied Alien Children (U.A.C.) and coordinate varied transportation services including automobile and air.
Coordinate transportation needs with other departments. Maintain a transportation calendar to coordinate UAC travel needs. Keep supervisor informed of any transportation concerns or needs, to include vehicle issues, coordination difficulties and change of travel plans. Communicates and works with maintenance department to ensure that vehicle maintenance is current. Ensure that all vehicle logs are maintained and accurate.
1. Transporter must be able to work irregular shifts, irregular days and be available when required (flight escorts, transfers etc.) vehicle transports to assigned destinations to include Emergency evacuations, Medical Appointments, Dental, Court and off campus outings.
2. Transport Residents and set appropriate behavioral limits.
3. Ability to think independently and supervise staff and children to meet safety needs of all children transportation.
4. Ability to anticipate needs of transportation and to coordinate development of staff to assist.
5. Ability to use wise judgment to accomplish tasks assigned
6. Maintain van inventory and review maintenance records of all equipment, schedule maintenance as needed.
7. Oversee and insure that all vehicle registration and insurance documentation is current in vehicle.
8. Oversee and insure that all documentation for transportation is maintained by all staff
9. Complete all documentation in compliance with LICENSING requirements, state licensing standards, funding sources requirements, BCFS policies and procedures and accreditations body requirements.
10. Document and report to supervisor all serious incidents completely, accurately and in a timely manner to include vehicle accident reports.
11. Utilize positive child management techniques including verbal redirection, de-escalation and containment.
12. Gain a working knowledge of LICENSING policies, state licensing requirements and BCFS policies/procedures.
13. Transporter will report to work in a timely manner as assigned and scheduled.
14. Transporter will not use hand held cell phone while operating a vehicle, driver will park in a safe area not endangering self or others to make a call and then proceed safely.
15. Transporter will comply with all DOT regulations while operating a vehicle in any state.
16. Transporter while on duty and operating a vehicle will cooperate with law enforcement authorities (local, state, federal) in the event an official requests testing for Alcohol & Drug or probable cause. Fail
BCFS - 21 months ago
BCFS is a global health and human services non-profit organization with locations and programs in the United States as well as Eastern...