The Transporter will transports patients and equipment throughtout the EMMC Campus.
· High school Diploma or equivalent. (Equivalency requires showing proof of eligibility for high school graduation or completion of required credits)
· Previous patient care or hospital experience preferred
· Excellent interpersonal skills are necessary.
· Must be able to hear and verbally communicate with the dispatcher, patients, family members, physicians, healthcare professionals, etc.
· Must be able to read, write and have legible handwriting.
Physical Requirements :
· Frequent pushing and pulling (up to 50 lbs) of stretchers, wheelchairs, beds and other patient care equipment, walking (at least 20 miles per day).
· Will work primarily inside throughout the Medical Center, standing on feet most of an entire shift.
· May be exposed to patients with communicable diseases, secretions, and excretions.