The Trauma Nurse PI Coordinator RN o rganizes and coordinates trauma services activities and workflow.
Education & Experience:
- Consults with care team members on patient care delivery and achievement of desired patient outcomes. Monitors trends and data to assess and identify opportunities for strategic program goals and components/services.
- Develops, implements and maintains quality improvement activities including outcome and cost analysis, benchmark data report preparation, trauma registry report preparation and American College of Surgeons (ACS) clinical indicators review.
- Coordinates, assembles and maintains required documentation for verification by the ACS.
- Serves as a resource and educator to healthcare team members, patients, families and community organizations regarding trauma. Coordinates and develops community trauma preventions programs, community offerings and clinical education activities.
- Coordinates progress of pediatric trauma patients through the system including coordination of data collection and providing reports to departments within the trauma system. Establishes an overall plan and organizational structure to support all pediatric trauma related services.
- Collaborates with management and designated staff to facilitate the total care of the pediatric trauma patient. Acts as a patient advocate/liaison within the trauma system and assists with patient care as requested.
- Develops and monitors compliance with trauma protocols, policies and procedures. Gives feedback to nursing staff of referring hospital and pre-hospital care providers regarding patient care and systems access issues. Reviews charts, evaluates system effectiveness and identifies areas for improvement. Develops meeting agendas and prepares materials for management committees.
- Participates in trauma systems development. Manages the collection of data and maintenance of statistical information for trauma registry and other reports as requested by authorized persons and regulatory agencies. Assures that patients are tracked through the trauma system.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Bachelor of Science, And, Five (5) years experience as registered nurse to include at least one year experience in trauma, critical care, and/or the emergency department is required.
- Bachelors degree preferred (BSN).
- The following are preferred: TNCC / ENPC, ATLS, ACTN, CEN, CCRN, AIS, TRC (Trauma Registrar Certification), CPHQ (Certified Professional Healthcare Quality)
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license to practice in the state of Texas is required or must be obtained prior to hire or job transfer date.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Affirmative Action goes beyond the concept of equal employment opportunity. Affirmative Action policies and programs are required to overcome the present effects of past discrimination and to achieve equal employment opportunity for members of groups that are or have been formerly under-represented. Affirmative Action policies and programs are tools whereby additional efforts are made to recruit, employ and promote qualified members of formerly excluded groups, even if that exclusion cannot be traced to particular discriminatory actions. Through specific and result-oriented activities, Seton Healthcare Family’s goals are to ensure that every person is given full consideration through equal employment opportunity policies and practices and to achieve a representative workforce through its affirmative action efforts.
It is further the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to encourage vendors, contractors, affiliate institutions and others doing business with the Seton Healthcare Family to observe the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
A Member of Ascension Health
- 16 months ago - save job