A small hotel marketing / management firm (we exclusively represent Oasis Hotels & Resorts, which has 10 all-inclusive properties in the Cancun/Riviera Maya area) is seeking a full time Inside Sales Representative (Travel Agent experience a MUST) for our Duluth, GA office.
Oasis Hotels & Resorts is creating a special call center just for travel agents so they will have direct access to our office in Duluth, GA to discuss customer needs, hotel inquiries, and anything else they need when booking guests at any of the Oasis Properties. As part of this program, we are looking for some energized Inside Sales Representatives to man the phones and computers and assist with incoming travel agent requests. This is a new position within our company and the candidate must be ready to help design and support this opportunity. The duties and responsibilities of this position require excellent verbal (via telephone) and written (via email) communication skills as well as intermediate + knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint). For this position, you must be an exceptional listener with excellent time management skills. Candidates must be self-motivated and competitive, but also a team player. Good problem-solving skills and a high level of integrity are also essential. Candidates with travel agent experience or a background in the hotel industry are highly favored.
If you are highly motivated, energetic and seek the challenges & rewards of supporting a great product, serving customers & reaching your potential, we would like to hear from you! This is a unique opportunity to work in a rapidly-growing and fast-paced organization. We offer a casual work environment, competitive compensation, 401k, FSA, and a comprehensive benefits package.
For prompt and confidential consideration, qualified candidates should respond to this ad with their resume, salary history, and 3 references.
MAIN JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Respond by phone and email to Travel Agent inquiries
- Appropriately communicate brand identity and corporate position
- Manage live chat on company and/or hotel’s website
- Cold call on agent data base
- Grows and maintains existing customer and partner relationships through pro-active telesales
- Handle inbound, unsolicited prospect calls and convert them into sales
- Responds to requests from travel agents and/or customers for hotel information and gives online presentations
- Remains knowledgeable and up-to-date on changes and developments within our properties
- Work with sales team to increase Agent awareness of Oasis Connect website and the new call center
- Keeps management informed of all activity, including timely preparation of reports
- Where necessary, support marketing efforts such as trade shows, exhibits, and other events
- Support sales team as needed, including sales trip coverage as required
- Fulfill brochure and collateral requests
- Travel Agent / Hotel Industry experience REQUIRED
- Valid Passport required
- Microsoft Office expertise
- Excellent organizational skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Self motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm
- Ability to occasionally travel and attend sales events or exhibits
- Some travel (including international) may be required
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required