ITT Exelis, Palm Coast, Florida is pleased to offer a career opportunity for a Travel Agent. Position requires High School Diploma, at least 3 years corporate travel agency experience, and strong Sabre skills.
The Travel Agent will perform daily reservations activity of the department, provide direction, evaluation, enforcement of departmental procedures, support and training of Travel Agents, accountable for supporting an effective team that meets travelers' needs with standard practices, looks for opportunities to develop staff to ensure career growth and development and appropriate business continuity. With the support of the Department Manager resolves travel related customer service issues for timely and effective response. Looks for opportunities to reduce customer service related issues. Assists with the management of required Corporate Travel Department (CTD) automation systems including the online booking tool administration, mid-office automation. Sabre scripting, back-office accounting and travel activity reporting. Assist with the management of traveler security and comfort procedures. Assist with the communication, and enforcement of corporate travel policy. Develop and implement tools for standardization of agent procedures. Supports the Department Manager in production of travel management reports that measure the overall effectiveness of the entire team. Participate in and/or management of travel projects related to the development, growth or continuous improvement of Corporate Travel Department, its services or related services.
* High School Diploma, with Associates Degree preferred.
* Minimum 3 years corporate travel agency experience. Supervisory experience is a plus.
* Strong Sabre skills are essential.
* An effective and efficient "take-charge" individual who will consistently get the job done.
* Superior organizational skills a must.
* Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines under pressure. Ability to work independently with little supervision.
* Exceptional customer service and client issues resolution skills.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Professional phone etiquette.
* Strong knowledge in a wide variety agency automation systems, e-commerce technology and Microsoft business application programs.
* Online booking tool administration a plus.
* Knowledge of the laws, regulations and policies that govern travel agencies.
* ARC Specialist certification or willingness to obtaining the certification within 6 months.
* The duties and responsibilities of this position must be performed by a U.S. citizen.
Clearance Level Required at Start Date
No Clearance Required
Minimum Education Requirements
High School or Equivalent
Percent of Travel Required
Less than 25%
ITT Exelis - 2 years ago