This position will assist and oversee the maintenance and continued improvement of the Carnegie Mellon University Travel Program. In addition, this individual will have responsibility for communications with the Carnegie Mellon campus community and be involved in the day to day maintenance of the university travel system(s). Essential duties of this position include: 1. Provides end users with information regarding travel procedures and assists with ensuring compliance with the Carnegie Mellon University Business and Travel Expense Policy. 2. Remains current with industry norms and changes and brings relevant issues and recommendations to the supervisor's attention. 3. Responsible for department presentations on travel services, supplier relationships and travel industry specific issues. 4. Conducts training or assists in developing/presenting training for online and offline use of University travel services. 5. Identifies system needs and enhancements and tests functionalities or enhancements to third party system(s), if required. Manages coordination with the respective groups on campus as well as any and all third-parties involved during testing, piloting, implementation and post-implementation. 6. Collects and analyzes travel data for review by supervisor regarding travel spend, patterns, opportunities for improvement and cost savings. 7. Negotiates supplier contracts and manages supplier relationships. 8. Uses various methods to communicate with constituents of travel programs, which will include presentations, writing emails, announcements, newsletter articles and communications regarding travel to campus.
- Education: Bachelor's degree.
- Licenses: Member of or familiarity with the US Travel Association, International Airlines Travel Agent Network, Travel and Tourism Research Association and other pertinent travel groups.
- Experience: Five to seven years of corporate or educational travel experience. Management experience, including managing business process, report development and data analysis.
- Skills: Demonstrates strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills; well-developed written communication and oral presentation skills that can be effective with varied audiences; broad knowledge of general and business specific regulations, policies and practices. Ability to analyze data, identify trends, summarize results, and make recommendations based on findings, often generating creative or innovative solutions. Ability to cultivate a network across the organization and use relationships developed to improve departmental functioning. Possesses breadth of discipline-specific technical knowledge, as required. Supervises programs and employees, as required.
- Physical Mobility: Normally sedentary with some mobility (i.e. able to travel to other campus locations; may require some bending and lifting).
- Environmental Conditions: Normal office environment although some positions may work in other settings. Generally work involves extended use of computer monitor.
- Mental: Ability to meet inflexible deadlines, remain calm during difficult situations, work under pressure and work with frequent interruptions
- Other: Weekend and evening work may be required
- Education: Master's degree and/or professional certification
- Licenses: Certified Corporate Travel Executive (CCTE)
- Experience: Extensive domestic and international travel experience
Regular Full Time
Minimum Education Level
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
We are a global research university with more than 12,000 students, 92,000 alumni and 5,000 faculty and staff. Carnegie Mellon has been a...