Positioned at the intersection of commerce and travel, American Express Global Business Travel offers its customers a comprehensive network, service dependability, and deep insight to help move people and businesses forward. American Express Global Business Travel provides leading travel solutions, integrated consulting services, proprietary research, and end-to-end meetings and events capabilities. These innovative offerings enable customers to optimize the return on their travel and meetings investments. Learn more at www.americanexpress.com/businesstravel .
American Express Global Business Travel is part of one of the world’s largest travel agency networks with locations in 139 countries worldwide.
The Travel Sourcing Analyst and Program Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the client’s large global airline program and other sourcing operations activities. The role requires the ability to manage complex cross-functional tasks across time zones to support the client’s Strategic Sourcing Travel team. The individual must have excellent analytical skills with a sound understanding of airfares and GDS fundamentals, be able to represent the client with their airline suppliers in business reviews requiring excellent communication skills and maturity. The person will need to be able to perform under pressure, demonstrate personal leadership and enjoy working in a dynamic business environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with Global Sourcing Manager to assist in creating the upcoming sourcing project strategy
- Liaison with client’s 3rd party airline Advisory Partner regarding airline program performance, new fares and proposals and RFP content
- Manage airline program implementation with suppliers, American Express and other Travel Management Companies (TMCs) the client may have in regions
- Conduct quarterly airline and car rental supplier business reviews (QBRs) with the Sourcing Manager, and directly manage smaller suppliers.
- Review proposals and advisory analysis - recommend action to improve client’s supplier coverage and performance.
- Liaison with client legal team supporting contract amendments and implementation.
- Liaison with client internal risk management and IT teams as needed to facilitate sourcing project deliverables
- Support adhoc Sourcing Projects as required
- Manage client internal queries from the global Travel Operations team including creation of standard Customer Relationship Management (CRM) response communications
- Manage new initiative communications with global Travel Operations team and American Express
- Oversee another resource and provide guidance where required American Express
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Drive client’s airline supplier utilization within American Express, including communication and compliance of preferred suppliers.
- Coordinate the supplier utilization strategies with client’s Agency Operations Manager to operationalize for Service Delivery Network Travel Counselors.
- Oversee technology solutions as they relate to optimization strategies.
- Global lead on operations optimization, and acts as internal American Express liaison to identify experts and skill set required.
Qualifications The Ideal Candidate will possess the following:
Due to the business needs, this person will mainly work virtually and will need to be flexible to client on-location visits. Ideal location will be Seattle/Bellevue/Kirkland and surrounding areas.
- 3+ years of corporate travel industry knowledge.
- 3+ years of business administration or program coordinator experience.
- GDS experience is required; Sabre and Apollo experience is an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint; MS Project and Sharepoint are preferred.
- Ability to convey information clearly and concisely to groups or individuals, either verbally or in writing to ensure key information is messaged effectively; can create and deliver presentations suited to the needs of the audience.
- Able to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously; can create and work with basic to intermediate level project plans.
- Ability to monitor and collect research data to access accuracy, validity and integrity; can analyze statistics and other data, interpret and evaluate results, and create reports or presentations based on the data.
- Ability to identify issues, obtain relevant information, relate and compare data from different sources, and identify alternative solutions.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with strong attention to detail.
- Flexibility in schedule; this role may require occasional after hours commitment for conference calls, urgent email responses,and project.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
- Dedicated work space must be within own residence and that follows the ergonomic and safety guidelines for performing travel counselor duties
- Axcess@Home Agent is responsible for supplying their own furniture; desk with lockable drawer or separate lockable file cabinet, chair, document shredder, smoke detector in proximity of work area, and fire extinguisher
- Axcess@Home Agent must complete Flexible Work Arrangement Application and Agreement
- Axcess@Home Agent must complete and meet the requirements of the Work Environment and Safety Assessment
- High speed internet capability with at least 10 Mbps download and 1 Mbps upload speeds: DSL or Cable (no wireless or satellite ISP’s are permitted)
American Express - 6 months ago
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for...