The California Nurses Association/National Nurses United seeks an experienced, professional, Travel and Events Coordinator to coordinate daily staff travel and to plan and execute organizational events of all sizes. |
CNA/NNU is the nation's largest union of direct care registered nurses with more than 185,000 members in all 50 states. Our organization has led the successful fight to win minimum staffing ratios in California and has been at the forefront of efforts to provide safe patient care over corporate profits.
CNA/NNU conducts a number of small and large scale meetings and events nationally. Events can range from marches and rallies, to legislative advocacy and picket lines. Meetings include annual conventions, staff and board meetings, and educational trainings for members. The Travel and Events Coordinator will be responsible for providing logistical (not programmatic support for events) working in a team environment, and will facilitate staff travel through our outside travel agency.
Day to day responsibilities also include coordination of air and hotel bookings, catering, and billing oversight for internal and external meetings. Top applicants will have a proven record of working in a fast paced environment, meeting short deadlines, flexibility, and creative and effective problem solving skills. Occasional travel and evening/weekend work is required.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Experience with non-profit/social justice organizations a must
• 3+ years event planning experience
• Certified Meeting Professionals (CMP) certification a plus
• Experienced in event planning for large (1500 to 5000 participants), medium (500 to 1500 participants) and small (meetings of 20 to 500 participants) scale events
• Skilled in negotiating contract terms and conditions for all aspects of the hospitality industry
• Detail oriented and organized, possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and proficient in Microsoft Programs (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize work effectively, work with a variety of personalities, be a team player, meet stringent deadlines, and work well under pressure
Demonstrated experience with the following responsibilities:
• Conference space and set up
• Banquet requirements/food and beverage/guarantees
• Audio visual and other technical requirements
• Staffing logistics and assignments
• Serve as liaison to the facility and handle any on-site issues
• Booking Entertainment
• Coordination of registration activities (pre-event and on-site)
• Provide on-site assistance and management of logistics and arrangements
• Negotiate routes with police and permitting authorities for rallies/marches
• Familiarity with bus companies and transportation negotiations
Excellent salary and benefits package including medical, dental and pension. Full family coverage including domestic partner. The position will be based in Oakland, California.
- Interest in social activism, labor unions, and health care issues
- Ability to work independently, lead and work as a team with other staff
- Responsive and proactive, able to prioritize, and flexible to sudden and unanticipated changes
- Hardworking, hands-on, and detail-oriented
- Highly dependable, energetic
- Able to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment
Please prepare a Résumé, salary history, references, and cover letter addressed to: CNA Executive Director.
Please apply online. Be sure to complete the online application form:
CNA/NNOC is committed to Equal Opportunity, and considering applicants of all ages, races, sexual orientations, national origins, ethnicities, and religions. We urge people of color and women, experienced Travel/Event Coordinators of all backgrounds, to apply.
No phone calls please. For more information visit our website: www.calnurses.org
OpportunityKnocks.org - 18 months ago