Job Location :
Baltimore Home Office
FTR- Full Time
How you will serve our residents and our community:
- Consistently and genuinely demonstrate the STARS principles of Service, Teamwork, Action, Reputation and Success in all activities and interactions.
- Oversee operations, marketing, financial management and maintenance of assigned properties/communities.
- Monitor financial performance of communities and take appropriate action to effectively control expenses, manage cash flow and maximize NOI.
- Maintain effective communication with team members to ensure information is shared timely.
- Oversee the performance of associates by effectively creating a spirit of teamwork in order to achieve all property and company goals.
- Promote safe work practices among site associates and ensure all safety programs are implemented and followed.
- Maintain knowledge of assigned property/community and competitive properties through consistent evaluation of market trends and conditions where required and appropriate for length of assignment; make recommendations to Regional/District Manager as appropriate.
- Develop and implement marketing programs for assigned communities, ensuring broad and creative components such as offsite marketing; corporate apartment marketing; resident retention/renewal programs; leasing team contests; and resident activities.
- Prepare reports of all operational and financial data as requested by the Regional/District Manager or Corporate Office.
- Monitor the timely receipt and reconciliation of rent collections; manage delinquencies as appropriate.
- Ensure understanding and compliance with all with all policies and procedures in accordance with and as outlined in both the Shelter Properties Operational Policies and Procedures Manual and Associate Handbook.
- Maintain strict adherence to the federal Fair Housing Act, which prohibits "any preference, limitation, or discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin, or intention to make such preference, limitation or discrimination."
- Mentor, coach and develop other Property Managers and associates with respect to job duties and professional development as assigned.Other duties as assigned.
Manages all property staff. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the property and relevant business development initiatives. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Shelter policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
With our residents in mind, the right candidate will have:
- Minimum five (5) yearsof property management experience and a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a supervisory role, preferably in a property management environment.
- NCHM COS (Certified Occupancy Specialist) Certification or equivalent certification from a nationally-recognized compliance training program and related experience, or ability and commitment to obtain COS certification at the next available course offering.
- TCS (Tax Credit Specialist) Certification or equivalent certification from a nationally-recognized compliance training program and related experience, or ability and commitment to obtain TCS certification at the next available course offering.
- Demonstrated success in marketing and leasing.
- Strong communication and management skills, including the ability to articulate problems/resolutions effectively with peers/supervisors/owners.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills at both a strategic and functional level.
- Demonstrated ability to manage expenses within budgets, and increase net operating income of the community.
- Proficiency in MS Office products and property management software.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required; a minimum of 30 hours of college-level course work preferred.
- Possess and maintain a valid in-state driver’s license.
The Shelter Group - 17 months ago
The Shelter Group can give you shelter (or more likely sell it to you). The company invests in, develops, renovates, and manages residential...