Superintendent*-Base, Increments 1, 2, 3
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Project Manager
Positions Supervised: Field Crews
Amount of Travel Required: 60-75%
Work Schedule: Between the hours of 6 am to 6 pm, Monday through Friday. May vary based on customer demands and can include, but is not limited to: nights, weekends, and holidays.
These positions are responsible for supervising electrical installations, troubleshooting, and maintenance within the commercial, industrial, and residential settings.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS STATEMENT
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with a covered disability to perform the essential functions of the position as long as an undue hardship is not imposed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: SUPERINTENDENT BASE
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: SUPERINTENDENT 1,2,3
- All previous classification requirements must be continually satisfied
- History of managing large projects (15+ electricians) (and/or medium-large multiple projects simultaneously) effectively while routinely meeting and/or beating estimated job costs
- Develops and integrates project schedule effectively with other trades
- Independently develops accounts to widen scope and generates additional revenue through upselling, estimating, pricing, and negotiation
- Conducts jobsite safety evaluations
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS (FOR ALL INCREMENTS, UNLESS OTHERWISE INDICATED)
- Advanced Knowledge of all of the previous classification requirements dictates advancement to these levels
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Autonomy - Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Coaching/Development - Ability to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas.
- Communication - Ability to effectively communicate using a variety of mediums
- Conflict Resolution - Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Delegating Authority - Ability to allocate authority and/or task responsibility to appropriate people.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Diversity Oriented - Commitment to understanding and valuing differences among people.
- Enthusiastic - Ability to bring energy to the performance or task.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate/conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Financial Aptitude - Ability to understand and explain economic and accounting information, prepare and manage budgets, and make sound long-term investment decisions.
- Goal-Oriented - Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Healthy, Sustainable Work - Commitment to fostering a healthy, safe workplace in which team members can deliver quality services that best utilize the resources (people, property, and financial assets) of the company and minimize the impact on the environment.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Interpersonal - Maintains a positive work atmosphere through effective interactions and communications with clients, co-workers, customers, and management.
- Management Skills - Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively lead others.
- Mechanical Ability - Ability to understand how things work.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Project Management - Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Resource Management - Ability to obtain and appropriate the proper usage of equipment, facilities, materials, as well as personnel
- Safety Leadership - Demonstrates the ability to identify hazardous acts and conditions, plan and organize safe work methods, communicate safety information, and ensure compliance with safety standards.
- Self Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of ones ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
- Team Builder - Ability to convince a group of people to work toward a goal.
- Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Well Workplace - Ability to identify and act on opportunities that improve the informational, behavioral, and physical components of work which positively impact individual and team member health, wellness, and safety.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Completion of an apprenticeship or equivalent work experience (8,000 hours).
CERTIFICATES & LICENSES
- Must be proficient in the use of a PC and Microsoft Office Suite
- Must possess the one of the following licenses:
Kansas and Missouri
- Priority 1: Georgia Unrestricted License OR
- Priority 2: Another key state license (as determined by Faith) OR
- Priority 3: Faith Internal Journeyman TestLea
- Priority 1: Experior License (Block License)
- Priority 1: Wisconsin Masters OR
- Priority 2: Wisconsin Journeyman Certification and another key state license (as determined by Faith) OR
- Priority 3: Wisconsin Journeyman Certification and Faith Internal Journeyman Test OR
- Priority 4: City of Appleton License (prior to 2005)
Eligible Electric University learning opportunities for each classification are identified as either Essential or Elective. Essential courses are those that contain information and education that are essential for success in the role. Elective courses are those that may accelerate development in a particular area. Should new essential courses be added to a classification, employees within the classification are notified and will have 12 months to complete the course(s).
- Priority 1: Oklahoma Journeyman Certification OR
- Priority 2: Another key state license (as determined by Faith)
- Essential Safety Refreshers: All Increments MUST complete and keep continually satisfied: OSHA 10 Hour (complete update course every 4 years); First Aid/CPR (complete course every 2 years); Arc Flash (refresher course every 3 years); and Decision Driving (refresher course every three years, only applies to drivers of company vehicles)
- Essential Safety Training: Confined Space (refresher is not required)
- Elective Safety Training: OSHA 30 Hour unless an individual is specifically instructed to attend the course by Branch/Group Management to meet the needs of customers or state requirements .
- Must meet previous classification requirements: Onboarding Parts 1 & 2; QuickStart; Faith Impressions; Business Writing (if has a company-issued computer); Project Documentation Online Tutorial; Leadership Development I Track (Leadership & Type; Project Control; NSS: Effectively Evaluating Performance; NSS: Face to Face Evaluations; NSS: Safety: NSS: Employee Relations; NSS: HR Management Basics; NSS: Merit Shop Philosophy; NSS: Code of Ethics and Business Conduct (refresher required annually); Effective Project Planning
- Please note: You may be required to take Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3, and/or Tier 4 Driver Training on an annual basis, depending on your Company driving privileges. Please contact the Fleet department with any questions.
10 lbs or less
N (Not Applicable)
Over 100 lbs
N (Not Applicable)
Reach Above Shoulder
12 lbs or less
Squat or Kneel
N (Not Applicable)
OTHER PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Ability to work at elevated heights
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Safety Glasses, Hard Hat, Safety Shoes, Gloves, Harness, Respirators
Work is performed primarily in indoor and outdoor settings with regular exposure to cold, heat, direct sunlight, dirt, hazardous electrical/specialty systems equipment and wiring, and underground and elevated heights. Duties also include, stooping, stretching, digging, trenching, excavating, and moving and installing heavy electrical and specialty systems equipment.
Faith Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage the hiring and promotion of women and minorities.
Faith Technologies, Inc. is an employee-owned, full-service electrical, engineering, and technology systems contractor operating in Georgia,...