Broadwind Energy is seeking a Traveling Wind Composite Repair Technician. This position will require 80% travel to various locations in the United States, reporting location is Abilene, TX.
Blade Repair Technician will be responsible for wind turbine blades, spinner and nacelle inspections, services or repairs using suspended platforms and may access the wind blades from the nacelle to check for damage and perform repairs. Candidate will be required to work at various wind farms across the United States. Candidate may support technical service in activities which include, but are not limited to: gearbox and generator replacements, lubrication services and preventative maintenance. Typical job deployments last from a couple of days to as long as several months.
In This Position, You Will Have the Opportunity To:
To Be Successful in This Position, You Will Need:
- Inspect wind turbine composite components utilizing visual, nondestructive, and photographic equipment as directed with minimal supervision.
- Be responsible for repair and finishing of wind turbine blades as well as other composite components in the field at heights.
- Attend regular safety meetings and follow appropriate company safety and environmental policies.
- Operate, maintain, and manage company vehicle and tool inventory.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Drug screen and background check required
- Ability to lift 50 pounds required.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Poses some composite lamination experience as well as experience using polyester & epoxy resins. Infusion and closed molding experience and CCT or similar composite certification a plus.
- Ability and willingness to work in all weather conditions.
- Ability to climb up to 300 feet
without assistance and willingness to work at heights greater than 200 feet from the ground surface.
- Ability and willingness to be available for rotation shift schedules 24 hours seven days a week.
- Poses basic mechanical aptitude and ability.
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals, procedures, and regulations; to subtract, multiply, and divide in metric and standard units of measure.
- To effectively communicate (written and verbal) in English
with co-workers, clients, etc.
- To execute work and accomplish tasks in a safe manner.
- To Travel: Heavy (80% or more travel all business expenses are paid).
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) is a plus.
Broadwind Energy applies decades of deep industrial expertise to innovate integrated solutions for customers in the energy and infrastructure markets. From gears and gearing systems for wind, oil and gas and mining applications to wind towers, to comprehensive remanufacturing of gearboxes and blades, to operations and maintenance services, and specialty weldments, we have solutions for the energy needs of the future. With facilities throughout the U.S., Broadwind Energy's talented team of 800 employees is committed to helping customers maximize performance of their investments - quicker, easier and smarter.
Broadwind Energy is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please visit our website
to learn more about our organization
Broadwind Energy, Inc. - 13 months ago