Under limited supervision, perform regular preventative maintenance and repair activities on wind turbine generators including lubrication, alignments and torque checks.
In This Position, You Will Have the Opportunity To:
· Troubleshoot complicated mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical problems on variable pitch, variable speed turbines
· Help in all areas of site operations as directed by manager with minimal supervision
· Perform all mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical component maintenance, repair or replacement of parts to correct malfunctions
· Attend regular safety meetings and follow appropriate company safety and environmental policies.
· Operate, maintain, and manage utility truck and tool inventory.
· Perform some diagnostic electrical analysis
To Be Successful in This Position, You Will Need:
High School diploma or GED.
Valid Driver's License.
Ability and willingness to work in all weather conditions.
Ability and willingness to climb ladders without assistance, and work at heights greater than 200 feet from the ground surface.
Ability and willingness to be available for rotation shift schedules 24 hours seven days a week.
1 to 3 years mechanical or electrical maintenance experience.
Basic mechanical aptitude and ability to problem solve.
Ability and willingness to read, and interpret technical manuals, procedures, and regulations; to write reports; to subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure
To effectively communicate (written and verbal) with co-workers, clients, etc.
Technical knowledge of the safety risks associated with providing technical services to wind power.
To execute work and accomplish tasks in a safe manner.
To travel extensively as part of the employee's schedule.