High School graduate or equivalent required
Works as a team member of Food & Nutrition Services. Responsible for patient tray assembly. Assists with the food preparation and maintenance of the patient tray line. Provides quality customer service and communicates patients’ needs and food preferences to the Food and Nutrition Services staff. Follows safety and sanitary guidelines and keeps work area clean and sanitized.
1. Reads ticket orders or receives verbal instructions and assembles trays according to dietary requirements and quality standards.
2. Assists with food preparation; operates a variety of kitchen equipment; measuring and mixing ingredients; washing, peeling, cutting and shredding fruits and vegetables; stocks and maintains tray line supplies and assists with side duties as needed.
3. Maintains stock and par levels on patient units.
4. Assists with tray delivery and pick up and in the dish room when needed.
5. Cleans and sanitizes work stations and equipment and follows all department and regulator rules and procedures. Follows HACCP/ServSafe procedures to ensure proper sanitation and safety standards. Records and maintains HACCP records according to established department guidelines.
6. Demonstrates stewardship through inventory and food waste control.
7. Communicates effectively with patients, customers, and coworkers to ensure customer satisfaction and the effective flow of food production.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
· Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills;
· Intermediate computer skills and the ability to operate the food service computer system;
· Demonstrates proper phone etiquette;
· Ability to perform basic mathematic calculations;
· Ability to read and follow written instructions and recipes;
· Demonstrates an independent work initiative, excellent organizational skills, sound judgment and attention to detail;
· Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
· Ability to work in a high volume and high stress environment with varying hours and shifts.
· High School diploma or GED
· Res taurant, hotel, foodservice, or hospital setting experience
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center - 16 months ago
The Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) is the benefits division of the Department of Veterans Affairs. The VBA provides benefits divided...