At Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island (BCBSRI), diversity and inclusion are central to our core values and strengthen our ability to meet the challenges of today's healthcare industry. BCBSRI is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Perform analysis on cash flow data, daily banking transactions, and investments activity to forecast future company financial position and budget requirements. Identify and ensure optimal usage of banking and cash management technology; integrate into existing cash management operations. Participate with departmental projects and initiatives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (Describe nature and scope of position, maximum of 8):
- Analyze organization cash flow data, banking transactions, investments, and deposit account activity to forecast and assess future company financial position.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of treasury policies and procedures. Identify efficiencies and provide recommendations for process improvements.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of financial metrics to ensure management of organization’s cash position.
- Maintain up to date, accurate banking transactions and activity data; provide cash flow analysis for short and long term projections and for the use in cash flow management strategy development.
- Prepare financial and operational performance reports for management.
- Participate in department initiatives and projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Preferred Education, Additional Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Business Management, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three to five years experience in treasury or cash management operations
- Experience with accounts payable and accounts receivable accounting functions
- Master’s degree or MBA
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation
- Six Sigma training (Green Belt or higher) or related experience
- Strong project management skills
Required Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in an insurance or financial institution setting (GAAP/SAP)
- Ability to create analytical worksheets and models for analysis of financial data related to cash flows, banking fees, investment fees, and financial projects
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Access skills
- Advanced analytical skills, with the ability to interpret and synthesize complex data sets
- Good business acumen and political savvy
- Knowledge of business process improvement techniques and strategies
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Negotiation skills
- Presentation skills
- Decision-making skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to interface with employees at all levels
- Ability to effectively navigate ambiguous situations with limited direction
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to successfully prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to handle multiple priorities/projects
Health Care Service Corporation (HCSC) is a licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. The mutually owned company consists of...