The Treasury Analyst will conduct analyses of the Company’s financial matters. He/she will employ an understanding of corporate finance, financial risk management, credit analysis, regulatory and financial planning approaches, statistical methods and computer applications.
• Apply professional and technical knowledge relating to finance, investments, accounting, tax, and financial analysis techniques in completing job assignments.
• Develop and maintain industry awareness, examines strategies, policies, and credit statistics of other corporations and industries.
• Evaluate data, researches issues, and prepares reports and presentations to management.
• Act as liaison with management, outside auditors, and others as required for timely completion of financial reporting, transactions, and projects.
• Participate on project teams, formulating recommendations and implementing decisions.
• College graduate or up to 3 years of experience post degree
• Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting or related field or the equivalent combination of formal education, training and/or experience.
• Experience demonstrating skills performing complex financial and economic analyses to include: Financial statement analysis; Cost/benefit analysis; Investment analysis; Ratio calculations; Net present calculations, discounted cash flows and internal rate of return calculations
• Create financial models or spreadsheets for use in financial analysis; and research and incorporate accounting and tax treatments.
• Experience monitoring and researching financial markets and financial instruments.
• Experience building and maintaining relationships with various levels of personnel within and external to an organization.
• Experience performing multiple tasks simultaneously and working under time constraints.
• Experience explaining financial results to others, orally and in writing. Experience using PC-based word processing, spreadsheet and e-mail software.
• Ability and willingness to cross-train with team members.
• Ability and willingness to work with and maintain confidential material
• No travel expected
• Calculate and validate all debt principal transactions, interest expense and income transactions. Report results to senior management, tax, and accounting.
• Track and report quarterly fees paid to banks on a global basis
• Prepare debt and interest expense forecast.
• Prepare lease vs. buy analysis.
• Monitor and report on competitor results and activity and industry market dynamics
• Provide assistance on ad-hoc reports and other various treasury processes, including cash management, foreign exchange, letters of credit, capital markets, and risk management.
SunGard is one of the world’s leading software and technology services companies. SunGard has more than 17,000 employees and serves approximately 25,000 customers in more than 70 countries. SunGard provides software and processing solutions for financial services, education and the public sector. SunGard also provides disaster recovery services, managed IT services, information availability consulting services and business continuity management software. With annual revenue of about $4.5 billion, SunGard is the largest privately held software and services company and is ranked 480 on the Fortune 500.
Capitalize on Change
In speaking to our customers, we hear three universal business challenges that need to be addressed in an ever-changing financial services landscape: delivering transparency to internal and external stakeholders, increasing efficiency for cost management and leveraging networks for growth. Please join the conversation at www.sungard.com/ten .