Develops, designs and produces the most complex reinsurance treaties (contracts) directly related to management policies and general business operations and reviews documents created by others on the team. Evaluates reinsurance treaties for corporate risk exposure and legal compliance. Plans, coordinates, and completes projects as directed by management. Researches problems and proposes solutions. Recommends and participates in the development and implementation of process improvements within the department. |
- Researches, designs and creates most complex treaties. Ensures the documents accurately reflect the agreement reached between RGA Re and clients. Elevates language outside guideline parameters to the Head of Operations for assessment and assists with obtaining approvals outside of the department when needed.
- Assists the Head of Operations in review of treaties prepared by other members of the department to assure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, industry practices and internal requirements and to distinguish performance of staff through detailed documentation.
- Assists the Head of Operations by coordinating, planning and completing complex projects.
- Coordinates and/or prepares all monthly reports and submits to the Head of Operations for timely review.
- Acts as a mentor and on-the-job trainer for all new staff
- Facilitates meetings both within the department, with other areas of RGA, and occasionally meets with visiting clients.
- Works with all departments in the Group Reinsurance division and other departments with RGA Re to identify and resolve problems/issues. Develops relationships with client companies and seeks positive resolution to issues.
- Acts as a subject matter expert and resource to both associates and management for treaty interpretation and questions.
- Recommends and participates in the development and implementation of process improvements with approval of Head of Operations.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements :
- Paralegal degree or Bachelor's degree or equivalent related experience in insurance, reinsurance or law related positions.
- 8+ years legal or contract drafting experience
- Basic skills in Excel and Outlook
- Advanced Word skills
- Must be flexible and adaptive to change
- Takes initiative and is accountable
- Ability to comprehend and interpret treat language, and to apply it appropriately
- Complex analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Highly organized and attentive to detail
- Basic goal setting skills
- Change initiation skills
- Ability to share and impart knowledge
- Value judgement and investigative skills
- Ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives
- Ability to work independently
- Advanced Oral and written communications skills
- Advanced persuasion skills to resolve issues/problems
- Ability to administer projects
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Progress toward FLMI, ARA or other relevant professional accreditation
- 3+ years related experience in treaty development
- 1+ years experience as a senior technical lead or team leader
- Basic query/SQL skills