Responsible to provide professional nursing care, in a team approach and inclusive of hands-on office care and phone/in-person triage, for clinic patients following established standards and practice in a confidential manner. Responsible for overseeing and assessing existing patient protocols and suggest changes to Nursing Administration to ensure efficient access to medical care/follow up as needed. Assist the Physicians, Nurses, Medical Assistants, in providing, coordinating, and performing daily office task to meet the need of patient.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS:
Work requires the application of a variety of procedures, policies, and/or precedents relating to both the standards and procedures of the nursing profession and those established by the Hammond Clinic. Hearing correctable to a range sufficient to effectively communicate with patients and clinic personnel in English both verbally and in writing. Vision correctable to a range sufficient to read and document medical information and provide hands-on patient care. Manual dexterity sufficient to assist and lift patients administers care, enter data into computer system and utilize various type of office equipment. Requires ability to accurately and legibly document information in patients’ medical records and forms.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a medical physician environment. Work schedules fluctuate often and can include evening, holiday, and weekend work. All department personnel are expected to share in covering vacancies and co-workers’ call offs even on short notice.
1) Maintain an attitude of professionalism in appearance, demeanor, speech, and conduct at all times.
2) Guard the confidentiality of patients, employees, and physicians' medical, financial, and personal information.
3) Contribute to an environment that is responsive to patient needs in a courteous and helpful manner.
4) Perform job duties safely, ethically, and responsibly.
5) Monitor and/or maintain appearance of your work area.
6) Attend in-services, meetings, and other training sessions as directed.
7) Perform the following duties as outlined and all other duties assigned by supervisor/administration.
8) Follow Hammond Clinic guidelines and procedures as modified from time to time.
9) Work scheduled hours to meet department workload, to ensure prompt patient services and maintain compliance with clinic/department attendance policy.
Page 2 Job # 461
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: (This list does not include all responsibilities but highlights essential functions – it is assumed all job are performed in compliance with all state/federal regulations and clinic protocols)
1. Responsible to perform all general and specialized nursing care/procedures as indicated by department needs (and training) and in accordance with nursing, legal and clinic standards.
2. Coordinates daily patient flow in conjunction with office staff to ensure appointment preferences are given to patients with urgent needs. Provide telephonic assistance to patients in a professional and timely manner. Assist in ensuring completion of HMO referrals and pre-certifications, and in admissions as needed.
3. Act as a resource for clinical staff in the offices, and assist physician as requested with complicated patient issues.
4. Observe and monitor performance of department staff and share this information with supervisor to assist them in the clinical evaluation of skills and identify if additional training as appropriate.
5. Review diagnostic tests and follow HC protocol and promptly follow up with patients regarding abnormal results. Document appropriately.
6. Assist in the batching, reviewing, and tracking of charge tickets, as applicable.
7. Process RX refills requests in accordance with Refill Protocol.
8. Perform others duties as assigned to ensure patient needs are met.
CONTACTS WITH OTHERS/METHOD OF CONTACT
Telephone and person to person contact with employees and physicians to discuss job-related matters daily.
Telephone and direct contact with patients, family members, drug reps, and pharmacies daily. Frequent contact with other medical facilities and transportation services.
High school diploma or GED. Graduate of accredited RN program
Ø Current CPR certification
Ø Current RN license in Indiana
Ø One-year work experience in medical field
Skilled in identifying problems, researching, and recommending resolutions.
Skill in exercising high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making.
Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills.
Accurate and proficient data entry speed to process Lab results, EMR information and scheduling of appointments.
Strong knowledge of nursing theory to oversee patient flow and needs.
Hammond Clinic - 30+ days ago