LifeLong Medical Care
About the Organization
The 2012 winner of the East Bay Express Reader’s Choice Award for best non-profit, LifeLong Medical Care provides high-quality health and social services in a positive, caring environment for individuals with limited income, as well as those who face significant barriers to attaining better health. More than twenty thousand people of all ages choose LifeLong for their health care each year, at sites located in Alameda, Contra Costa, and Marin Counties.
LifeLong Medical Care seeks an experienced Triage Nurse to collect sufficient data related to the presenting problem and medical histories in order to prioritize treatment according to the urgency of need, and initiate medical care to telephone and walk in patients in a community clinic. The Triage Nurse is the liaison between the central call center, patients and provider teams. Works in collaboration with clinical teams, specifically Team RNs, to provide support in the delivery of safe and timely care for health-related problems. The triage RN demonstrates ability to make decisions based on a solid foundation of critical skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Triages phone calls and urgent walk-ins; schedules urgent appointments. Takes urgent warm hand offs from the call center or staff at EO.
· Provides follow-up/case management that may be needed pre/post-clinic visit.
· Provides chronic care management education and skills teaching to patients.
· Uses clinician-approved standing orders to order labs and preventive screenings, and to refill routine medications.
· May be asked to dispense medications from the Patient Assistance Program for uninsured patients.
· Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work effectively and calmly while prioritizing multiple work demands.
· Proficient in navigating the computer and the internet, min typing speed 40 wpm. Typing test may be administered.
· Experience with electronic health records, specifically NextGen, strongly preferred.
Education and Experience
· Valid CA RN license and current BLS. Minimum two years clinical experience (LVN experience considered), especially in the area of chronic care management in a community health care setting. Previous experience with homelessness, substance abuse, and psychiatric disorders preferred.
· Experience as part of a team-based care model preferred.
This is a part time position (20% FTE) with out benefits.
LifeLong Medical Care is an EOE
LifeLong provides high-quality health and social services to people of all ages; creates models of care for the elderly, people with...