Orrick currently has an excellent opportunity for a Trial Technologist . This position will be located in our Global Operations Center in Wheeling, WV or in any of our US offices
The Trial Technologist is responsible for advising, consulting and assisting legal teams at trial. Responsibilities include identifying upcoming trials, hearings, arbitrations and mediations; coordinating the set-up and maintenance of the offsite war room; coordinating the set-up and maintenance of the courtroom – including coordinating with court personnel, opposing counsel and vendors; acting as a liaison for trial teams, clients and vendors; creating case visuals for case development – including graphics, timelines, animation, trial transcript clips – both text and video, and other presentation materials; editing video; running hot seat during trial; defining trial specific database and imaging processes to ensure continuity in the trial presentation process; providing creative support and advice to trial teams on the most effective and current trial presentation tools, formats and techniques; and providing any additional trial and presentation support needed. The Trial Technologist will support mock trials in a similar manner.
• Undergraduate degree either B.S. or B.A or equivalent work experience
• JD or ABA accredited paralegal training program a plus
• Minimum five (5) years of technical, project, or data management expertise, preferably in a law firm, vendor, IT, or consulting environment
• Minimum five (5) years experience using Trial Director, Visionary and/or Sanction
• Power Point experience required
• Concordance, IPro, Casemap, Timemap, Photoshop, Livenote experience a plus
• Document and database management skills required
• Video editing skills required
• Courtroom experience required: extensive experience in developing and "steering" multi-media presentations
• Courtroom and war room setup experience required
• Ability to troubleshoot and work closely with Global Operations Center ("GOC") personnel in set—up and provisioning of war rooms and other off-site trial sites
• Strong technical background
• Strong customer service, interpersonal and troubleshooting skills
• Excellent analytical skills as well as the ability to think creatively
• Solid oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to multi-task
• Demonstrated ability to work well independently as well as part of a team
• Excellent leadership, motivational, oral and written communication skills
• Must be willing to travel
Orrick offers a friendly work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits.
Please visit www.orrick.com for more information about the firm.
To submit your resume and cover letter for this position, please visit our Paralegal and Professional Staff listing at www.orrick.com/careers/. Please include your salary expectations in your cover letter. Submissions without salary expectations may not be considered.
No phone calls please.