Qualifications Typical Responsibilities/Duties: |
- Safely operate tractor trailer while maintaining the companys driving performance standards.
- Assist in unloading deliveries at stores.
- Follow proper pre-trip procedures. (ex. Check tire pressure, oil, lights, fluid, checking tires.)
- Maintain and follow all proper delivery and pick up paperwork and procedures.
- Maintain all D.O.T. paperwork and qualifications.
- Pick up backhauls at vendor locations, assuring proper count and condition of load.
- Verify proper operating condition of equipment used.
- Observe, report and correct (when appropriate) all unsafe and unsanitary conditions that could cause associate and/or customer accidents.
- Strive to find more efficient ways to do the job and seek to reduce costs and improve labor productivity.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of all D.O.T. regulations.
- Knowledge of proper use of equipment.
- Must have good written and oral communication and be able to speak English.
- Meet all requirements (physical and otherwise) set by the D.O.T. Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations handbook.
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop and lift up to 70 lbs.
- Commercial drivers license.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years tractor trailer driving experience and 300,000 accident free miles.
- Must not have any moving violations against your driving record in the last 3 year rolling period.
- Must pass drug screens.
Notice: The qualifications and responsibilities listed in this job description are not all inclusive of the tasks that this position may be required to perform. We reserve the right to revise this job description at any time and to require the associate to perform other tasks as circumstances and /or conditions of the business or work environment change.
CareerBuilder - 20 months ago