Job Requisition ID: 33474
Job Type: Driver / Delivery / CDL
Work Time: Regular
City: Idaho Falls
State: Idaho (US-ID)
Postal/Zip Code: 83402
Job Description Summary
The Truck Driver is responsible for operating trucks to transport dirt, aggregate, asphalt, and other materials to various job site locations. Will also work in the yard area to stockpile and move materials as needed.
- Operates truck in safe and professional manner on public highways, roads, in the yard area and at various job sites to deliver materials.
- Attaches and removes pup trailers , belly dump & side dump trailers, transfer trailers and tilt/transport trailers to truck as needed.
- Dump/spreads materials as requested per job order.
- Keeps accurate log of deliveries and completes required paperwork for billing.
- Performs pre and post-trip truck and trailer inspections.
- During normal job duties, may be required at times to perform General/Skilled Laborer functions at job site locations.
- Informs Service Technician of any maintenance or repairs needed. May perform minor maintenance tasks to trucks or equipment as needed.
The ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate good performance, safety and attendance.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently, without direct supervision.
- Demonstrate a willingness to work overtime and weekends/holidays.
- Demonstrates ability to work and communicate well with Supervisors, Truck Dispatcher, Truck Drivers, Heavy Equipment Operators and other employees.
- Demonstrate the ability to conform to and maintain MSHA, OSHA, DOT and all other company or governmental state rules and regulations.
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Two years of related tractor/trailer driving experience preferred.
- Must have good depth perception and coordination to operate controls.
- Must have a valid driver’s license – Class A CDL with trailers required.
- Must pass pre-employment physical exam, pre-employment controlled substance testing and criminal background check.
What Oldcastle offers you
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion.
HK Contractors, Inc., a division of Oldcastle Materials, is one of the hundreds of businesses that comprise the Oldcastle family. As the leading vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mixed concrete, and paving services, Oldcastle is one of North America’s largest corporations. Oldcastle’s decentralized, diversified structure, allows employees to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise. Whether we’re safely paving miles of interstate, building two thousand-foot-long bridges or constructing roads through national parks, Oldcastle Materials’ continued investment in people, performance and communities has positioned us as an industry leader.
Oldcastle Materials is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please take 10 minutes to complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in expanding your career with Oldcastle Materials!
an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
a Drug Free Workplace
HK Contractors is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
HK Contractors is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Oldcastle - 12 months ago
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000...