Title: CDL TRUCK DRIVER
Operates tractor/trailer in accordance with Department of Transportation and Company guidelines in order to deliver products to dealer locations as scheduled. Assists with unloading trucks and warehousing and/or palletizing at customer locations as needed. Provides basic customer service related to delivery issues and assists in resolving related problems.
*1. Operates tractor/trailer in accordance with Department of Transportation and Company guidelines, and in a safe and efficient manner. Fully complies with all hours of service rules. Performs regular equipment checks and completes related documentation and notifies supervisor of any unsafe conditions.
*2. Delivers products to dealer locations as scheduled and as requested. Notifies Plant Manager, Supervisor, scheduling personnel and/or customer of any immediate delivery problems.
*3. Assists with unloading trucks and warehousing and/or palletizing at customer locations as needed. Picks-up and loads returned products as instructed. Completes all related paperwork.
*4. Provides basic customer service related to deliveries and assists in resolving related problems. Inspects products for defects as needed.
*5. Completes accurate driver log and submits on a daily basis along with other trip sheet, fuel, maintenance and delivery documentation.
*6. Reports accidents and completes appropriate paperwork per established mandated and Plant procedures. Submits to drug and alcohol testing as required under DOT and Company guidelines.
*7. Maintains current knowledge of, and complies with, CDL/DOT and Company/Plant requirements and standards. Immediately notifies supervisor of a problem with CDL, driving record status and/or medical certification. Attends and participates in driver safety meetings.
7. Fulfills back haul orders and spotting trailers in yard as instructed.
8. Performs related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
1. Must be at least 21 years old and be physically qualified to drive a truck in accordance with DOT requirements
2. Must have a currently valid commercial drivers license and drivers license issued from only one State or jurisdiction
3. Must have ability to read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public, understand highway traffic signs and signals, and to make entries on reports and records
4. Prior CDL driving experience (2 yrs) with a good driving record
5. Ability to safely operate Plant motor vehicles and to determine if cargo being transported is properly located, distributed, & secured along with familiarity with methods and
procedures for securing cargo.
6. Meets all other DOT standards and requirements
1. High school graduate or equivalent
2. Prior experience working with the public
1. Ability to sort items as they are unpacked/packed
2. Ability to speak, read and write English
3. Good interpersonal skills with customer service approach
4. Good mechanical and figure aptitude
5. Ability to interpret and support standards, policies and procedures established by Serta, or Federal, State or local agencies
Work involves extensive driving of a commercial motor vehicle and regular lifting, pushing/pulling and moving of heavy products (up to 200lbs). Work also involves public contact and exposure to usual hazards found in a manufacturing environment.