With revenues at 1.3 billion, CRST International, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading transportation and logistics companies. Headquartered in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, we have offices throughout the United States, employing over 1,000 office employees, over 2,500 company drivers, and work with over 1,700 independent contractors.
We are opening a brand new training school in Cedar Rapids, Iowa and are currently seeking a Truck Driver Instructor to conduct classes, road and yard training, obtain training paperwork and assist in solving school related problems. Conduct defensive driving courses and counsel students on DOT regulations and company policy. Some relocation assistance will be provided based on situation.
- Check drivers into CRST training school.
- Prepare and obtain materials for driver qualification files.
- Work with Reference Specialist to eliminate individual driver problems in the hiring process.
- Work with qualifications to insure all students meet and comply with DOT and company regulations.
- Conduct Training classes such as: Safety, Operations expectations, Human Resources, Payroll, vehicle maintenance, company policies, hazardous materials, company logging policies, Customer Service expectations, permits and licensing, and other classes designed to ensure driver success at CRST. Answer questions regarding company policy and course material.
- Assess driving skills including pre-trip inspection and backing skills, and train in areas of weakness.
- Work with CRST’s students who have skill or other problems and conduct training classes to help them how eliminate future problems.
- Counsel students as needed regarding skill issues, adherence to DOT and company regulations.
To qualify for this position, you must possess a high school diploma; 5 years (preferred) of training or teaching experience or combination of driving and training experience. Must possess a valid CDL license.
To apply, please contact Megan Knoot at phone: 866-270-9894 or email your resume.