With revenues at 1.3 billion, CRST International, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading transportation and logistics companies. Headquartered in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, we have offices throughout the United States, employing over 1,000 office employees, over 2,500 company drivers, and work with over 1,700 independent contractors.
We are opening a brand new training school in Cedar Rapids, Iowa and are currently seeking a Truck Driving School Manager to support the corporate safety mission through development and implementation of current, relevant, effective training curricula for delivery to Students and Drivers. Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory standards relating to training of initiatives for entry-level, orientation and remedial purposes. Develop and implement evaluation systems to measure goal attainment.
- Check drivers into CRST training school.
- Prepare and obtain materials for driver qualification files.
- Work with Reference Specialist to eliminate individual driver problems in the hiring process.
- Work with qualifications to insure all students meet and comply with DOT and company regulations.
- Conduct Training classes such as: Safety, Operations expectations, Human Resources, Payroll, vehicle maintenance, company policies, hazardous materials, company logging policies, Customer Service expectations, permits and licensing, and other classes designed to ensure driver success at CRST. Answer questions regarding company policy and course material.
- Assess driving skills including pre-trip inspection and backing skills, and train in areas of weakness.
- Work with CRST’s students who have skill or other problems and conduct training classes to help them how eliminate future problems.
- Counsel students as needed regarding skill issues, adherence to DOT and company regulations.
To qualify for this position, a Bachelor’s degree is preferred, 5-8 years of training and transportation experience, with a minimum of 3 years of training management experience, or an equivalent combination of training and management experience.
To apply, please contact Megan Knoot at phone: 866-270-9894 or email your resume.