DC Central Kitchen is seeking a responsible, passionate and experienced individual with an understanding of urban agriculture and growing in a variety of urban environments. This person should possess excellent educational skills, demonstrated experience with garden and nutrition-based education and experience with volunteer management.
- Assist the Director of Nutrition & Community Outreach with the design and implementation of educational projects utilizing the Truck Farm urban garden that will engage students in thinking about where their food comes from. Projects should also incorporate lessons on how to make healthy food choices. Educator will visit 3-4 Healthy Returns agencies and after school programs per week with the Truck Farm and conduct 1 hour lessons at each site.
- Additional responsibilities as required
- GED or higher
- Driver’s license and familiarity with city driving and operation of a small pick-up truck
- Interest in local food systems, advocacy, and gardening
- Experience with youth education and lesson planning
- Previous experience in education, agriculture, environmental studies, health and nutrition, or related fields
- Familiarity with community gardens or urban agriculture
- Strong people and leadership skills
Travel Stipend available
*****Please upload resume and cover letter together*******
DC CENTRAL KITCHEN - 9 months ago