WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Ahern Rentals is looking for a truck mechanic to perform preventive maintenance and repairs on our fleet of trucks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, including diesel and tractor trailer issues
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery
- Mount and dismount wheels
- Test drive vehicles to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly
- Maintain cleanliness and safety of the shop and yard
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Minimum 5 years experience servicing diesel trucks
- Must possess own tools
- Basic welding skills preferred
- Basic computer skills preferred
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must be able to pass drug test and background check
- Must be able to provide Motor Vehicle Record at time of job offer (current within 15 days)
Ahern Rentals, Inc. is an equipment rental company with locations primarily in the southwestern United States. The Company rent a range of...