POSITION SUMMARY :
Performs repairs and maintenance on alternative fuel, diesel and/or gasoline trucks including front-end loader, roll off, and other vehicles to maximize safe and productive operations.
REPRESENTATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES :
The following responsibilities are general duties that a particular employee in this position may or may not be required to perform. The actual duties required of this position will vary.
- Diagnoses mechanical problems
- Performs repairs and maintenance on conveyors, light trucks, compactors and recycling equipment to maximize safe and productive operations. Typical repairs include, but are not limited to, routine maintenance and repair of conveyors, hydraulic systems, brake systems, transmissions, electrical systems, engines, balers and compactors.
- Reads and interprets VCR’s (vehicle condition reports) and/or repair orders, communicates with supervisor and/or equipment operators for clarification of problems and discusses preventive techniques with equipment users and vehicle drivers to minimize future repairs.
- Completes paperwork associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage and accounts for applied times (work order times versus time card times)
- Fabrication and welding repairs
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The following physical activities or abilities are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. The actual requirements of this position will vary.
- Lift, carry and push/pull at least 75 pounds.
- Climb in and out of equipment.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION:
- Equivalent of high school diploma or G.E.D certification and 1 years of related maintenance and repair OR 4 years of related equipment maintenance and repair.
- Valid driver license.
REPRESENTATIVE MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENTS AND/OR SOFTWARE USED:
- Mechanical or trade school certificate.
- Certificate in electrical diagnostic.
- Welding and/or fabrication skills and /or experience.
The following machines, tools equipment and/or software are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. Actual machines, tools, equipment and/or software used will vary.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including, but not limited to, dusk mask, earplugs, gloves, hardhat, safety glasses, work boots, and safety vest.
- Hand tools including, but not limited to, hammer, screwdriver and wrenches.
- Vehicles including, but not limited to, bobcat, forklift, pickup truck.
- Machines including, but not limited to, drill press, floor jacks, grinders, and welders.
ENVIRONMENTAL/ATMOSPHERIC WORKING CONDITIONS:
The following environmental/atmospheric working conditions are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. The actual working conditions will vary.
Republic Services is a dynamic company that offers a competitive salary and benefits package including major medical coverage, supplemental insurance programs, retirement benefits, and paid vacation and holidays.
- Shop environment including, but not limited to, machines, tools, heavy equipment, chemicals, solvents, dust and fumes.
- Exposure to residential and commercial waste
- Occasional exposure to extreme weather conditions.
Republic Services promotes a drug-free and alcohol-free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug testing.
Going Green for the Environment.
Republic Services - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -