• Must have valid Class A Commercial Driver's License and a minimum of three years of driving history.
• Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and equipment.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Self disciplined individual with strong work ethic. Self starter.
• Thoroughness and attention to details, with an ability to adhere to a timeline to ensure success.
• Having a sense of urgency, without overlooking critical details.
The function of the Truck Switcher is to operate tractor to switch empty and full trailers to and from shipping docks and yard trailer parking areas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Operate tractor safely, switching trailers between docks and parking areas.
• Assist in warehouse as needed.
• Accurately performs the worked presented to him/her daily.
• Display and encourage teamwork.
• Maintain positive working relationships with all employees.
• Communicate effectively with peers, leads, and members of management.
• Abide by, convey, and enforce company policies.
• Follow all safety rules and report all accidents and product damage immediately.
• Ensure that all rework is completed accurately and prompt.
• Work to reduce and eliminate errors.
• Reports to lead any unusual condition of product.