High School graduate or equivalent required
The person in this position is a member of the assigned application team. Members of the assigned team work to build and maintain the application. Duties include application implementation and enhancement, software configuration, process optimization, technology integration, training and knowledge transfer.
1. Works with end-users to understand their work flows and their needs and build the electronic health record (EHR) to meet those needs.
2. Modifies the application configuration to meet the needs of end-users.
3. Upon request, designs special screens, reports, dashboard, etc.
4. Performs comprehensive testing of new build or changes to the system.
5. Documents system issues and corrects the issue or escalates to needed level of expertise.
6. Troubleshoots problems and questions about the application and the system in general.
7. Provides required system status reports.
8. Participates in team planning sessions.
9. Assists in orienting and training new team members.
10. When necessary assists in training new users of the system.
11. Acts as a resource to other team members and to other departments.
12. Provides appropriate and timely feedback to team lead and / or manager about the status of build, installation, enhancements, etc.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPECTATIONS, AND ABILITIES
· Strong understanding of EMR application.
· Clinical or operational experience using EMR applications
· Demonstrated proficiency with information systems technology.
· Superior goal accomplishment skills
· Demonstrated workflow process analysis and design
· Able to take after hours call
· Willing and able to cross train to other applications if needed.
· Able to be available beyond standard business hours if needed by the end-user.
· If necessary, is able to travel for training or to work with remote clients.
· Strong customer service orientation.
· Requires a detail-oriented individual with basic project management skills.
· Demonstrated ability to interact with multidisciplinary teams.
· Enthusiasm for healthcare automation and hospital information systems.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, email, intranet, internet, and other systems.
· Ability to work independently and make independent judgments
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Analytical and problem solving skills.
· Three years of health care experience
· One year of experience in information systems.
· Able to achieve appropriate Epic certification within three months .
· Current Epic certification in appropriate application.
· One year of experience in EHR development and support.
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center
- 2 years ago - save job