The Department of the Treasury is an innovative, customer-driven, results-oriented state agency providing financial management services for the Commonwealth. We offer challenging, interesting work in a friendly and positive environment. This position plays an integral role in the Commonwealth's trust accounting function. We are looking for two accounting professionals (positions #00103 and #00142) to perform statewide and departmental accounting functions within our Operations Division.
Duties: The position is responsible for tracking receipts and making payments for bond-related activities; processing requisitions against bond proceeds held; reconciling and monitoring bank accounts; collection of past due payments; and inputting large volumes transactions to various systems. Responsibilities also include preparing financial statements for one of the debt issuing authorities staffed by Treasury and preparing other year-end analyses as needed. This position will also maintain Treasury's investment accounting system and post trust accounting receipt and disbursement transactions (including investment income) to the accounting system.
Salary is negotiable based on experience and training.
The Virginia Department of the Treasury is an Equal Opportunity Employer by both policy and practice. It is the intent of Treasury's employment and personnel practices to conform to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination.
- Degree in Accounting from an accredited university
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Ability to apply accounting principles, practices, and procedures using manual and automated systems
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- Professional demeanor towards duties and responsibilities, particularly with regard to independence, professional ethics, and the exercise of professional judgment
- Strong organizational and time management skills in order to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism
One to two years of general accounting and/or financial reporting experience; CPA and/or Masters Degree in accounting; governmental accounting experience; and working knowledge of the statewide accounting system (CARS).
A criminal background check and credit check will be conducted for the successful candidate.
Virginia Jobs - 2 years ago