Trust Estate Officer Ann Arbor or Jackson Michigan-1202317
Trust and Estate Officer III
We invite you to explore the award-winning culture, people, rewards and opportunities that make Comerica Bank so special. Make your next career choice a confident one. The Trust and Estate Officer III is responsible for serving as a relationship manager to more routine client relationships by providing wealth management advice and counsel on standard wealth planning issues. This position’s direct involvement in business development is expected to contribute to the achievement of the annual net new business goal for the division.
Successful incumbents possess ethics and values, listening and presentation skills, problem solving, priority setting and negotiating skills are politically savvy and have a drive for results.
Comerica Bank uses IBM Lotus Notes for database, calendaring and e-mail functions.
This Trust and Estate Officer III position is located at Ann Arbor or Jackson Michgian and reports to the Trust Administration Manager. This position has no direct reports.
- Manages more routine accounts in accordance with the terms of the various governing documents, applicable law, and consistent with the needs of the principals, income beneficiaries, and remaindermen.
- Reviews, analyzes and interprets documents for direction; evaluates accounts for completeness and accuracy, monitors and reviews account transactions, responds to incoming correspondence and any other client requests to ensure compliance with the governing document, applicable law and policies and procedures.
- Works with supervisor in developing solutions to most issues brought forth by principals, income beneficiaries and remaindermen such as requests for special distributions, fee issues or disputes.
- Oversees the opening and closing of accounts, ensures the receipt of proper and legally required documentation, ensures the full and complete transfer of assets, their cost basis, and the proper characterization of cash as income or principal, ensures all tax codes and account administration codes are accurate and oversees tax reporting activities, coordinating with outside CPAs and advisors.
- Provides comprehensive wealth planning advice to clients. May participate in projects which affect the broader business and improves efficiency of delivery of services to clients.
- Develops new business through referrals from external and internal centers of influence and/or through expansion of business within current book of clients.
We know that our employees are critical to our overall success. We are dedicated to investing in their future to maintain long-term relationships for lasting commitments. One of the ways we do this is to offer a comprehensive package of compensation and benefits programs which are regularly reviewed to maintain them at competitive levels. Your salary will be commensurate with your work experience.
Relocation assistance is not provided for this position.
Travel is not required of this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
- 6 years of experience serving as an account administrator in a specific area of expertise to include trust administration, investments or insurance in a client service capacity
- 6 years business development experience in trust administration, investments or insurance
Comerica Incorporated (NYSE: CMA) is a financial services company headquartered in Dallas, Texas, and strategically aligned by the Business Bank, the Retail Bank, and Wealth & Institutional Management. Comerica's more than 9,200 colleagues focus on relationships, and helping people and businesses be successful. In addition to Texas, Comerica Bank locations can be found in Arizona, California, Florida and Michigan, with select businesses operating in several other states, as well as in Canada and Mexico.
Upon offer, Comerica conducts a comprehensive background check and a drug test. Upon hire, a fingerprinting check is completed.
Comerica is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity.
Primary Location : US-MI-Ann Arbor
Job: Wealth Management
Shift: Day Shift
Work Hours (Example: 8:00am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday): 8:00am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Comerica - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard