Education/Training: A B.S. or B.A. degree in a related field of study or equivalent education and related work experience required; obtain and maintain appropriate Bank Product Knowledge Certification. Experience in Trust Administration and Financial Planning is preferred.
Skill(s): Advanced reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills; Above average interpersonal relations and communicative skills; advanced PC skills; ability to work with various software programs, including trust accounting system and the client relationship management system, Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word, and the Internet; general knowledge of trust, investments, and employee benefit plans; technical supervisory skills sufficient to provide guidance and training to trust representatives; valid driver’s license.
Experience: A minimum of three (3) years' experience in related positions preferred.
Responsible for providing both accurate and quality service to support Trust/Investment sales officers and administrators; support the trust account transfer process and operational set up functions; achieving goals as established in the Department’s annual operating plan; coordinating work within the department, as well as with other departments; complying with operating policies and procedures established for the trust operations function; communicating with appropriate personnel; responding to inquiries or requests for information; maintaining appropriate records and providing assigned reports; providing technical guidance and training to Trust Representatives. Act as a back-up support in the absence of the Trust Operation Manager/Trust Compliance Officer.
1. Performs a variety of duties to support the trust account transfer process and operational set up functions of which the following are illustrative:
a. Inputs individual trust accounts openings through the trust accounting system and the Custody accounting systems of Bank of New York and Fidelity NFS.
b. Inputs individual customer information into Planning Station, the trust financial planning system and the client relationship management system.
c. Manages the account transfer process for funds moving in and out of the trust department. This individual is responsible for follow up and tracking of investment account transfers and assisting the team with necessary documentation and processes to achieve efficient transfers.
d. Posts transactions and balances various departmental accounts for opening and closing processes.
e. Assists and supports the internal and external audit functions with new account and closed account processing.
f. Posts receipts and prepares disbursements and related documentation of each as directed by clients transfer instructions.
g. Supports and assists operational, administrative and sales personnel to ensure the delivery of superior customer service.
h. Supports the investment area with asset duties, including posting receipts, distributions of assets, cost basis, acquisition dates, tax lots and market values.
i. Provides backup for Cetera settlement desk and other departmental personnel as necessary.
j. Coordinates with tax preparers for the preparation of IRS reporting account forms and editing forms for corrections.
k. Supports and leads the Investors View Committee with assign administration functions, maintenance of account reviews, system upgrades information and necessary training.
l. Performs a variety of operational, accounting, and administrative functions relevant to the operational integrity of the Bank’s Trust Department.
m. Serves as system administrator for the trust accounting system and client relationship management system.
n. Acts as a back-up support in the absence of the Trust Operation Manager/Trust Compliance Officer.
o. Performs other duties as assigned.
2. Coordinates specific work tasks with other personnel within the department as well as with other departments in order to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of information.
3. Abides by the current laws and organizational policies and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place.
4. Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and the Bank's compliance with all regulatory requirements, e.g. Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act, etc.
5. Reports pertinent information to the immediate supervisor as requested, or according to an established schedule; compiles information as necessary or as directed and provides data to appropriate bank personnel.
6. Responds to inquiries relating to his/her particular area, or to requests from customers, other bank personnel, etc., within given time frames and within established policy.
3. PC/Computer keyboard
5. Fax machine
6. Copy machine
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse
First United Bank and Trust - 30+ days ago