Excellence Leaves a Lasting Impression
Bring Your Vision to shape a better world.
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways —developing many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable buildings, transport and civil engineering projects. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of over 10,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients’ needs. We are seeking a Tunneling Engineer in our Los Angeles office.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Manage a team to carry out tunnel and cavern design (calculations, analysis, specifications, and drawing) to detailed design level.
• Conduct marketing for tunneling consultancy services and recruitment and training of staff in design skills for tunnels and underground structures.
• Management of tunnel design projects including deliverables, budget, quality and schedule
• Manage a team of engineers and CADD staff preparing detail designs for construction packages
• Liaise and coordinate with multi-disciplinary design team including architects and MEP designers
• Report writing and review
• Attend meetings and communicate with clients to establish their needs and discuss design issues with them.
• Incorporation of sustainable design.
• Manage the development and work of other staff.
• Work with the Infrastructure leadership to pursue projects, resource projects, manage staff, recruit, and hire new staff, train staff, report on business performance, and set and implement strategy
• Liaise with Academia to drive new research and technology development as well as to recruit new graduates.
• 10+ years experience in the investigation, design and preparation of designs and contract packaging for tunnel projects
• California PE required.
• Proven project and staff management experience
• MS degree or foreign equivalent in Civil Engineering, or related.
• Must have experience with soft ground and rock tunneling including mechanized excavation, urban area cut and cover.
• Must be experienced with rail, highway and utilities projects; Practice of the design build and contact procurement; Consultancy management and possess marketing skills.
• Good communication skills essential for team-based working
• Proficient in the most current analytical, production and management computer-based tools.
• Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
• Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
Arup - 21 months ago
Things always look up for Arup Group, a global design and business consulting firm. The company provides engineering, architectural, and...