GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
The Internal Combustion Lab is focused on developing state-of-the-art IC engine technology. Facilities include a Large Bore Diesel Single Cylinder Engine as well as a Turbocharger test facility.
As a Turbocharger Development Engineer, you will report to the Lab Manager for the Internal Combustion Lab.
As a Turbocharger Development Engineer, you will be a member of the Internal Combustion Lab, which is focused on advancing the capability of GE’s IC engine portfolio. You will participate in the design, development, testing and qualification of Turbocharger components and systems to meet the growing needs of GE’s Transportation and Power & Water businesses.
You will work with teams that conceptualize, develop and evaluate turbocharger solutions for GE engines. Your responsibilities will include applying analytical tools and conducting experiments to evaluate several turbocharger system and component performance characteristics.
As a Turbocharger Development Engineer, you will:
- Plan and conduct analysis and experiments to qualify the aerodynamic, rotodynamic and mechanical performance of turbocharger components.
- Formulate and execute project plans to achieve technical and performance requirements
- Lead major and complex component design projects from conception to validation of various turbocharger components
- Contribute as well as provide guidance to team members towards achieving overall turbocharger performance objectives.
- Doctorate degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related disciplines OR Masters in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related disciplines with at least 2 years of relevant experience.
- Background in aerodynamic and/or mechanical design and application of turbo machinery components including compressor stage, turbine stage, casings, bearings and hot bolted joint design and analysis.
- Must be willing travel to GE facilities in the US or Europe once per quarter.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals at the Masters level for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Imagine what GE Global Research will make happen next. If you are ready to join us, click on the “Apply to job” button below.
- Proven proficiency with turbo machinery design methodologies and the use of common turbo machinery design and analysis tools (CFX, COMPAL, CCAD, Fluent, etc.)
- Proven proficiency with 3D solid design and modeling tools
- Background in Turbocharger and IC engine design and performance fundamentals
- Peer reviewed journal publications.
- Knowledge of temperature and flow measurement systems
- Experience working in teams and creating innovative technology solutions.
- Six Sigma Greenbelt Certification
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work across all functions/levels as part of a team
- Ability to create innovative technology solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to independently execute on projects
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Section 19 Job
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart
GE Careers - 19 months ago
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries...