Headquartered in the U.S., INVISTA is one of the world's largest integrated producers of polymers and fibers, primarily for nylon, spandex, and polyester applications. With a business presence in more than 20 countries, INVISTA delivers exceptional value for its customers through market insights, technology innovations, and a powerful portfolio of global trademarks including LYCRA® fiber, COOLMAX® fabric, CORDURA® fabric, ANTRON® carpet fiber and STAINMASTER® carpet. We transform daily life through our innovations. Clothing, carpets, luggage, plastic bottles, automobile interiors and airbags- these and many other products originate in one of INVISTA's global manufacturing facilities. You can be a part of the difference we make by joining the INVISTA team.
As a member of the INVISTA team, you will also be part of Koch Industries, Inc.'s affiliates, one of the largest privately-held companies in the world. Koch companies have a presence in nearly 60 countries and employ about 70,000 people.
You can learn more about INVISTA by visiting www.INVISTA.com.
The Turnaround Execution Manager provides personnel leadership and development for the Turnaround Organization within the operating site. The position is intended to apply global procedures, best practices, and tools to the Turnaround Work Process and ensure the plan for each turnaround is achieved.
Required Education and Experience:
- Lead Turnaround Execution Team to develop all turnaround pre-plans and schedules.
- Manage Turnaround execution during all phases of the event: before, during, and after.
- Manage turnaround cost and schedule attainment.
- Participate in the scope development and estimating
- Oversee the development of each turnaround phase estimate per the milestone schedule.
- Communicate issues with regard to accrual costs vs. forecast cost to the Turnaround Manager.
- Facilitate the execution of the milestone schedule – (scoping process, planning, scheduling, and engineering).
- Coordinate all expense work scope development.
- Oversee the scope freeze and SCR process for each assigned turnaround
- Assist in the development of contractor strategy
- Oversee the contractor bid and selection process for the turnaround scope of work per the milestone schedule
- Understand the “TA Project Manager Best Practices” and assist the TA project manager in the execution of those best practices.
- Schedule and facilitate weekly TA coordination/schedule meetings with Plant Maintenance, Capital, and Turnaround organization.
- Provide contractibility expertise and support for maintenance/capital projects, for planning and scheduling.
- Provide input for the development of Turnaround project schedules in conjunction with the Turnaround field engineers and planners.
- Determine manpower levels to attain schedule milestones and monitor manpower levels and craft mixes to ensure conformance to the Turnaround Plan.
- Ensure all capital project schedules are integrated into the master Turnaround project schedule.
- Plan and manage the projects temporary facilities.
- Assign/coordinate field supervision to work package.
- Lead Pre-TA activities.
- Monitor Pre-TA construction status to ensure pre-TA activities are completed.
- Participate in the Event Command system, complete necessary checklists.
- Conduct safety meetings with contractors around key practices and procedures.
- Participate in investigations as requested.
- Communicate Environmental and Safety Plan to contract and INVISTA execution resources.
- Maintain communication between respective contractor (capital and expense) and INVISTA to ensure resolution of any issues or concerns in a timely manner.
- Ensure pick-up and delivery coordination of respective equipment that may need to be sent off site.
- Review the schedule and communicate work scope priorities to the respective work force both on and off site.
- Track and report work scope progress to the TA Scheduler
- Monitor productivity and cost, and implements appropriate action to maintain maximum labor productivity and cost effectiveness.
- Lead shift turnover meetings.
- Manage the execution of field construction in conformance with project drawings, specifications, schedules, cost estimates, procedures, quality requirements and safety standards.
- Ensure daily and weekly short-range planning is maintained down to the foreman level.
- Maintain quality of all work in accordance with the standards as specified in the design documents.
- Maintain an effective Turnaround equipment use and maintenance program.
- Maintain an effective plan for the supply and control of tools and supplies.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- At least 5 years of Turnaround Manager/Coordinator experience or a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and 2 years of Turnaround management experience
- At least 5 years experience at a manufacturing site
- Experience communicating with all levels of the organization (i.e., via reports, e-mail, verbally, and/or in small/large group settings) in a team environment
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite with proficient skills in Excel (creating charts, formatting cells, working with macros & pivot tables, etc.), Word (creating and editing documents of all types), PowerPoint (change slide layout, applying new presentation design and inserting images, etc.)
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- More than 7 years experience in a chemical/refinery plant environment
- Experience with scheduling software: Primavera, Microsoft Project
- Experience with planning in SAP
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
- Must be able to wear personnel protective equipment
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders in operating unit
- Must be willing to work periodic work days in excess of 8 hours
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
Must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future without company sponsorship.
INVISTA S.à r.l.
Koch Industries, Inc. - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
INVISTA is one of the world's largest integrated producers of polymers and fibers, primarily for nylon, spandex and polyester applications....