Upload official or unofficial transcripts when creating your profile. Mulitple positions available.
The Student Success Center (SSC) Tutors facilitate tutees’ understanding of course content and its applications to and implications for tutee’s lives. Tutors provide academic direction by modeling effective learning and study strategies and facilitating independent, competent student behaviors. All tutoring is conducted in a structured and supervised environment on the LCCC campus. Other duties related to the program as assigned.
Subjects Available: Anatomy & Physiology, Chemistry, Math and Biology. In your coverletter, please state the subjects you are interested in tutoring.
Closing Date: Open until filled. Screening to begin immediately.
Start Date: August 22, 2013.
Compensation: $9.00-$12.00/hr , commensurate with education.
Work Schedule: Flexible hours up to 19.75 hours per week. Monday-Thursday 9:00am-7:00pm, Friday 9:00am-5:00pm, Saturday 11:00am-4:00pm.
- Attend all tutor training sessions and meetings.
- Consult with the Student Success Center staff to schedule tutoring sessions.
- Record and report attendance/ activity for every tutoring session.
- Obtain and follow course syllabi.
- Develop and implement tutoring session plans based on individual and group tutee needs.
- Relate course materials to everyday life.
- Develop and provide handouts and study aids as needed.
- Meet with instructors to determine best strategies for tutoring the subject/course materials.
- Model effective learning and study strategies.
- Model professional attitude regarding class standards and grading policies.
- Demonstrate appropriate professional demeanor with all faculty, staff and students.
- Provide advance notice to Student Success Center Coordinator and tutees when scheduled tutoring sessions must be canceled.
- Make referrals to other supportive services as necessary.
- Minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale). A GPA of at least 3.0 in all coursework related to the subject to be tutored.
- At least two years of employment in a field closely related to the subject to be tutored may be substituted for the minimum education requirement.
- Previous experience as a tutor is preferred. Previous experience with the course to be tutored and the instructor of the course is preferred. At least 20 credit hours of successful Post-Secondary education with a minimum GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale) is preferred.