Tutor PT, (Bronx, NY)
Program Description: The Bronx Preparatory Charter School and The Children’s Aid Society have partnered to deliver an exciting and innovative program that integrates the nationally acclaimed Carrera Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Program within The Bronx Preparatory Charter School. The CAS-Carrera program includes (7) fundamental components: Education; Employment; Self-Expression; Lifetime Individual Sports; Family Life and Sexuality Education; Mental Health; and Medical and Dental Care. See www.stopteenpregnancy.com for more information on the program model.
Responsibilities and duties:
• Assist middle school teachers by planning and implementing small group instruction within a classroom setting
• Assist the Education Coordinator in tracking and promoting student growth through assessment administration as well as data entry and analysis
• Serve as a mentor and tutor to 5-8th grade students with learning needs and/or Individualized Education Programs.
• Experience working as a tutor or other youth development practitioner
• Experience working with middle and high school aged youth from a diverse population.
• Ability and desire to serve as a role model and mentor to young people
• Experience working with a special needs population preferred, but not required.
• BA preferred
$15 per hour
Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Program - 21 months ago