(Purpose) Improve student retention rates by providing tutoring support for freshman and sophomore level courses.
- Previous grade of at least B+ in the course to be tutored or a higher-level course that covers the same material in more depth.
- Cumulative GPA of at least 2.7
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and study skills.
- Ability to work well with a diverse student population.
- Dependability, ability to work independently.
- Prefer students with several courses in their major or minor.
- Provide individual or small group tutoring to students in Basic & Breadth classes.
- Assist students in understanding course content and developing effective study skills.
- May need to meet with professors, tutoring staff, Disability Support Services staff, and other CWU professionals to develop effective tutoring strategies for each student.
- Attend the required tutor training course, leading to a tutor certification through the College Reading and Learning Association ( CRLA ).